Mids and Bots Defense shields - Here is how to correct it.

SmalltalkJava

As you may or may not know Mids over states the strength of the Protector Bots Force Shield ability. Which can lead to Mids showing that you have more Defense than you actually do.    Mids adds 10%. but the un-enhanced in game value is 7.5% iirc.

Disclaimer...

I take no responsibility for you messing up your mids 🙂   So Don't change anything else in there except the one field stated below!     You may even want to back up the directory before you do this.

1. In Mids go to Options >> Advanced >> Database Editor
  2. On the pop up click "Main Database Editor"
  3. In the "Filter By" drop down select "All Powers"  - You will see a "Working..   Building List.." pop up.  You can just ignore it.  That is Mids taking forever to load all of the abilities in game.  If it is blocking your view then just drag the main Mids window over a little bit. 
  4. Click in the right column where the powers are starting to load.   then hit the "M" key on your keyboard. That will take you down to the Mastermind Section or at least to the M section of skills.
  5. Then just scroll down until you see the Skill:  "Mastermind_Pets.Protector.Force_Shield" and select it.   If by chance you don't see it because it hasn't loaded yet,  then just click the "Re-Sort" button to force it to reupdate the sorting of powers.
  6. On the bottom right click "Edit"
  7. On the Edit pop up click the "Effects" tab.
  8. Now that your on the "Effects" Tab select the Line that says "10% Defense to Self for 10.25 seconds. Effect does not stack from same caster." 
  9. Now that you have that message selected click the "Edit..." button.
  10. On the next Pop up Screen on the left column you will see entry boxes named "Percentage", "Scale", "Duration" etc..   
  11. Change the "Scale" value to be .75  Yes that is a decimal and the number 75 it represents a percentage value
  12. After you change the Scale, then click the "Ok" Button.  Then just keep clicking "Ok" or "Save"  or "Save & Close" until you are all the back to the beginning screen.
  13. Once you are done it will pop up saying that it is "Saving and Diffing... Main Database"  The saving and diffing may take about 10 to 20 seconds.  For me it took about 12 seconds or so.  
  14. Then you will be back on the Database editor screen where it allows you to select Main Database, Entity Editor and such.  Just click close on that and you are done.

Its easier to do than it actually reads.

Now you should be able to click the Green Dot on the Protector Bots skill and have it reflect the correct value on your "Totals" for defense.  I did notice on some builds that it may be off by  .01 in either direction from what is in game.  But that is just due to rounding differences from what is actually in game.

I created this guide after I updated my MIDS and checked it against a test build on the Beta Server that even had Defense IO's slotted on the Protector bots and it came out correct. I also tested it on a different build on Everlasting Server.  Both came out correct.

- Note-  if it still isn't coming our correctly, then you may have the "Force Shield" power turned on in the Mids Pet Powers Pop up screen.   So double check to make sure that it is turned off in there.     You should only need to Click the Green Button on the Protector Bots power to turn the effect on.  Just like you would do with Maneuvers, Assault, and Hasten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

FYI.  If your protector bots don't add or remove any Defense to your totals when you either select or unselect it. There is a work around for that also, but it is a bit more involved.    But it actually only takes a few minutes once you make the .75 change.

Basically, on the line above where it says, "Effects" Tab select the Line that says "10% Defense to Self for 10.25 seconds. Effect does not stack from same caster."   When you click edit you will notice in the second that the pop up window in the "Damage Type / Vector" column it has "none" selected or nothing is selected.   What you will end up having to do is create a new "effect" for each defense type.

1. on the  Effects Tab after you made the .75 Change.  It should look like this.

1305385326_EffectsTab.jpg.2492de19c9bbebac26360f5535f6e65c.jpg

2.  Now Click the "Duplicate" button.  You will get a pop up and then select "Smashing"  in the "Damage Type / Vector" column, and then click the OK button.

1267775101_Smashingexample.thumb.jpg.b8f6bebdda0194978b8337415d88f9f9.jpg

3.  Now do this for Each of the Defense Types and just change the Defense type.   the "Effects" tab will start to fill up.  Here is a screen shot of mine after I did this for Smashing, Lethal, Fire, Cold.   You just have to keep clicking until you add an effect for each defense type.  Then once you are done adding in all of the defense types, you just keep doing OK/Save until you are back to to the start.  🙂

1953083169_restofdefensespartial.jpg.816ce365ab9c6108125781a473058e78.jpg

I hope this helps.    I've had versions of Mids where the first line in the effects tab is enough,  and in other versions it isn't.    But if you look at the Demons Ember Shield Owner power and the Force Field's Dispersion Bubble Power then you will notice that they have an "Effects" line for each resist or defense that it impacts.

• Like 3

• 1 month later

This should be a sticky in a few places.. I just did it and it worked 

Thank you

Thankfully Crysis let us know about this. We had no idea.

Please, if you find errors like this in Mids, let us know directly somehow! We can't fix what we aren't aware of! 😛

• Thumbs Up 2
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

7 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

My bad.  I thought I had posted it on the Mids section also.   

No worries, just trying to remind people. The team goes down so many rabbit holes on a daily basis that there's no way we can keep track of everything going on 😅

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

• 1 month later

Do you by chance have any clue on how to do this for Procs that you can share.. Specifically Panacea ?