The Last time I got BORED......

Marine X

....I decided to see what Malta Sappers are really made of. I know that they are an automatic, gotta go first in a crowd of Malta but have never engaged them in a Solo fight like other NPC types. So I cleared an entire Malta Mission Map except for a Sapper and a Tactical Operative guarding the last rescue. Then used black wand and bow & arrow to take out the TO from Range.

Came up to the Sapper and let him do his thing, This was with a Regen Brute, and a couple shots and he had my Endurance Gone, Toggles off,  but was barely even noticeable if he was affecting Health. Gave it a full 25 Minutes, still at Full Health. The Sapper himself was struggling with Endurance Recovery and I could Recover about an 1/8 of my Endurance before he had enough Endurance to Blast me again, then he would stand there recovering again.

Finally put Brawl on Auto and went and got a Cola, within a couple minutes or so, Sapper was down. I still hate those guys, but, without Some Buddies to actually kick me while I'm down, they are all FLASH, so to speak.

Edited by Marine X
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Sappers are very much one-trick-ponies. Drain you dry and detoggle you. 

Regen will do pretty well against them because of the amount of passive regen you have going on, particularly if you're IO'd out. They basically won't be able to kill you alone.  That said, even as a one-trick-pony?  It's a pretty GOOD trick while they have a squad of their buddies handy.  Backed up by a bunch of Tactical Operatives who Taze you, and Gunslingers who hold you with Ice Bullets, they'll do the Dominator thing and just chain CC you holding you helpless as they wear you down.

But yea. Electric Armor, Energy Aura, Fiery Aura (don't forget Consume! So many forget Consume!), will all wreck sappers day's.

Regen and Willpower can also do nicely because Quick Recovery will give you a chance to come back and get just enough blue to act that much sooner. 

My badger scrapper finally got their held badges by isolating five sappers in a mission, gathering them together and letting them do their thing for a day.

They couldn't do enough damage, but I was constantly held by them.

They're real danger is making you vulnerable to others.   (And yea, my Elec/Elec Brute is completely immune)