Wishlist: Buff for Resurrection

Right now, Resurrection in Empathy is pretty much the "base" rez. Every other rez in the game could be succinctly described as "Resurrection and." Mutation is Resurrection and it also buffs the target. Conduit of Pain is Resurrection and it also buffs the caster. Power of the Phoenix is Resurrection and it's also a nuke. Etcetera. What I would love is for Resurrect to get its own bit of flavor. Since Empathy is supposedly the "healing" set (don't @ me), why not lean into that? Just make it way better at rezzing: 10-second recharge (down from 180), 10 endurance cost (down from 26), 80-foot range (up from 15). That's my pie-in-the-sky wish for the power.

Well, glad everyone can agree on the state of Empathy.

Personally I think Empathy struggles to find relevance in the end game. As builds mature, players are taking less damage, hitting their chance to hit caps, and no longer running out of endurance without any outside help, which obviates most aspects of Empathy. The prevalence of Barrier and Ageless in incarnate content in particular leaves Empathy with little to do.

Well, glad everyone can agree on the state of Empathy.

Personally I think Empathy struggles to find relevance in the end game. As builds mature, players are taking less damage, hitting their chance to hit caps, and no longer running out of endurance without any outside help, which obviates most aspects of Empathy. The prevalence of Barrier and Ageless in incarnate content in particular leaves Empathy with little to do.

Empathy is useful in certain scenarios more than others. Everyone can appreciate AB, Fort, CM and RA regardless of level, but the healing component of Empathy is almost completely irrelevant at endgame except in specific situations.

Honestly, what buffs Empathy does have are so good that it'd be insanely OP if half of its set wasn't the weakest form of support.

My recommendation to high-level emps is to focus on your attacks instead of your heals.

Right now, Resurrection in Empathy is pretty much the "base" rez. Every other rez in the game could be succinctly described as "Resurrection and." Mutation is Resurrection and it also buffs the target. Conduit of Pain is Resurrection and it also buffs the caster. Power of the Phoenix is Resurrection and it's also a nuke. Etcetera. What I would love is for Resurrect to get its own bit of flavor. Since Empathy is supposedly the "healing" set (don't @ me), why not lean into that? Just make it way better at rezzing: 10-second recharge (down from 180), 10 endurance cost (down from 26), 80-foot range (up from 15). That's my pie-in-the-sky wish for the power.

/jranger