Dark/Dark , Fire/Dark, or Fire/Fire

drgantz

I'm making a crow themed toon, so I want something that is black themed.  Of course, I can color anything black.  I tried Dark/Dark but thought that a Dark Miasma/Dark Defender would be better due to secondary effects.  I just read in a different post that Dark Miasma isn't good at endgame.
I already have a Fire/Fire blaster.  I'm mostly thinking of Dark/Dark or Fire/Dark but am open to other suggestions including another Fire/Fire toon.
I only PVE.  I don't PVP and I mostly group.  I also want something that will be good at endgame.

I am rolling two squishies right now.  Dark/Dark Blaster and Dark/Dark Corruptor.  The Corruptor is by far the more interesting.  It has grand debuffs, soft controls (fear and stun, tar patch), team heals, good damage.  Still I prefer the raw damage of Blaster.  Dark/Dark Blaster is harder to run, but does significantly more damage.  It is happiest very close to the action where it can bop in to charge up Soul Drain and use T9 Nuke.  This adds a couple seconds to the Nuke Phase where you can get taken the F out.  But when it works....OMFG.  It is nice.  A saturated Soul Drain is a Happy Happy thing.  Then you bop out to 30-50 range and either ST chain the baddie or drop into 4 cones (Dark/Dark/Soul) for a withering AoE torrent that does not stop.

• Like 1

Thank  you, Snarky for  your advice.  I've decided to make a Dark/Dark Blaster.  The thing that upset me was that there wasn't a Dark  Epic Pool, but you mentioned Soul and I found that it is the same thing.  Later, I will do the mission for that.

• Thumbs Up 1