How do you import your character into Mids?

Robothenri

How do you import your character into Mids?

I've used /buildsave in game.

Found the file in my directory and opened it in notepad.

Saved it as a .mxd file.

Moved it to my builds folder.

Doesn't do anything when I open the file in Mids.

Confused as I have a number of other characters in the folder that all work fine. I can't remember how I got them to work though as I've had a break of over a year since then. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Just tested out my own method which is, buildsave, rename file to CharName.txt, copy it over to the system that has Mids, and open it.

Normally that goes fine and I save as a mxd file.  Did note this time, Blistering Cold seems to have had issues, but I might just need to update.

Otherwise, it worked.

18 hours ago, lemming said:

Just tested out my own method which is, buildsave, rename file to CharName.txt, copy it over to the system that has Mids, and open it.

Normally that goes fine and I save as a mxd file.  Did note this time, Blistering Cold seems to have had issues, but I might just need to update.

Otherwise, it worked.

Thanks for the response, it's very strange. Just doesn't seem to be working for me.

image.thumb.png.de2545316c50a9abf29daa436de7a65d.png

• Sad 1

Ok, found another thread regarding this and someone had posted a build txt file that they guaranteed worked. I tried it, didn't work.

I guessed my version might have become corrupted so have now un/reinstalled Mids. Everything is ok now, haha 🙂

Hello

Huh........ Remind me why you'd need to do that ? There is an actually much easier way, and safer.

First, use /buildsavefile instead so you can name the output file (somename.txt, don't put the file name here)

Then in Mids use the regular File > Open command. If your file doesn't show up there use either the *.txt or *.mxd build .

Absolutely do NOT rename a txt to mxd and vice versa. The build formats are not the same and the parser will first rely on the extension to know what to do of it.

If you notice any import error, please submit a bug report on the discord oe here.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:31 AM, Robothenri said:

Thanks for the response, it's very strange. Just doesn't seem to be working for me.

image.thumb.png.de2545316c50a9abf29daa436de7a65d.png

First, you are using 2.6 MRB. Importing from game was an alpha feature at the time. 
Second, sadly we no longer support 2.x, please update.

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

Though... While I've got your attention, I've noticed that the builds now import into mids with all IO's at level 50. Is there a way to import the build with the actual level of the IO's intact? I realise you can set to min or max level in 'configuration' but I can't see an option for actual level. Cheers again.