Ice/Dark - Aggro Magnet

KaizenSoze

I have been testing this ice/dark build on the beta server. It's plenty tanky enough, killed the ITF ambush in the first mission, Banished Pantheon in Dark Astoria, Carnies, Archnos...

But I am sure there can be improvements. The point of the build is to hold as much aggro as possible across as much content as possible. I thought two taunting auras plus darkest night for pulling should be enough. Darkest Night is also useful to survival against nasty psi mobs.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Ice Armor
Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Frozen Armor -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(11), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), KntCmb-Knock%(37)
Level 2: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(5), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg(7), Prv-Absorb%(9)
Level 4: Shadow Maul -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(39)
Level 6: Wet Ice -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Chilling Embrace -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Super Speed -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(A), WntGif-ResSlow(40)
Level 12: Permafrost -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(13), GldArm-3defTpProc(13), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15)
Level 14: Icicles -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(48)
Level 16: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(34)
Level 18: Glacial Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(19), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(19)
Level 20: Touch of Fear -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Dam%(21), Obl-%Dam(21), CldSns-%Dam(23), GlmoftheA-Dam%(23)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 24: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 26: Energy Absorption -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(27), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(27), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(29), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(29)
Level 28: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(50)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 35: Dark Consumption -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(42), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(43), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Erd-%Dam(46)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dam%(50)
Level 41: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Darkest Night -- DscWrd-ToHitDeb(A), DscWrd-ToHitDeb/Rchg(45), DscWrd-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(7)
Level 24: Speed Phase
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze
Because I pasted the wrong build

Looks good and tough!

Personally I can't sleep at night when my En/Neg defense isn't capped. Up to you but unless you really like the Fury of the Gladiator bonuses, I'd swap those and the Touch of Fear sets for three each of Eradication and Cleaving Blow. That'll bring you up from 39% to 48% and keep you safe from sapping Sappers, Carnies, and other stuff. (But drops S/L defense from 52% to 49%)

image.png.7566b3790a84b69c14d87b3fdfb63ea4.png

59 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

The point of the build is to hold as much aggro as possible across as much content as possible.

So why not make it as a tank?

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

I have been testing this ice/dark build on the beta server. It's plenty tanky enough, killed the ITF ambush in the first mission, Banished Pantheon in Dark Astoria, Carnies, Archnos...

At what difficulty settings?

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

51 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

Looks good and tough!

Personally I can't sleep at night when my En/Neg defense isn't capped. Up to you but unless you really like the Fury of the Gladiator bonuses, I'd swap those and the Touch of Fear sets for three each of Eradication and Cleaving Blow. That'll bring you up from 39% to 48% and keep you safe from sapping Sappers, Carnies, and other stuff. (But drops S/L defense from 52% to 49%)

image.png.7566b3790a84b69c14d87b3fdfb63ea4.png

If I had pasted the right build, eng and neg would be softcapped.

It's fixed now. 😞

• Thumbs Up 1