What to expect from Electric/Regen?

Xandyr

I've not played Regen since like issue 3. Of course, I know the set has been revamped since, especially for the Sentinel.  It looks like your absorb effectively doubles your HP? How does Regen perform on the Sentinel?

I'm kinda looking forward to leveling it up, slotting it out, and seeing how effective and fun this combo might be. Or will I be wasting time?

I like my regen pretty well. The absorb isn't double HP it's a base ~50HP absorb that stacks 5 times generating a new stack every 3 seconds, so maxed out it's an extra 500 HP and 30 HP regen which is pretty nice IMO. Instant regeneration by itself is pretty good for keeping you alive, but regen really shines when you have some more mitigation. My regen is Archery/Regen so there's little mitigation in the primary and I have to rely on pools and epics, but he's pretty surprisingly survivable. With elec, you should be able to drain groups decently so that'll definitely help push regen further. It also helps that elec is one of the stronger blast sets by itself.

My EB/Regen is now my favourite toon. I dropped Voltaic Sentinel and Short Circuit to make room for the Electric Mastery epic pool for the extra controls and team healing, but that was a play style choice. Giving up Sparky was hard. Pretty much a straight up sets build, no proc monster shenanigans. Even without Agility Core alpha I could reliably sap Paragon Protectors/Fake Nemeses to keep them from MoG/PFF. Can't remember the last time I ran out of endurance, if ever, even against multiple Dark Ring Mistresses and Malta Sappers.