Price of enhancements

DrZeus

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

Have you made this suggestion? I get the devs turned it off, based on their perception of a gap growing between the farmers and those who don't, but a temp power that didn't work in AE might be okay with the HC dev team. 

My guess is that, if they did it, it wouldn't work on level 50+ just like 2XP doesn't.  And then it's of limited use.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:41 PM, Ukase said:

Have you made this suggestion? I get the devs turned it off, based on their perception of a gap growing between the farmers and those who don't, but a temp power that didn't work in AE might be okay with the HC dev team. 

I have not, but it could come in pretty useful for say toons trying to not out level content, or lvl 50s that have no need for additional veteran levels. If you suggest it I shall second it.

On 8/22/2021 at 8:07 PM, Col. Kernel said:

How is it only my problem that people are artificially inflating the market?  It seems to me that activity affects everyone who uses the market.

And I am indeed here for a discussion.  I have posted an idea, been given a non-verbal response saying it's a bad idea, so I asked WHY it's a bad idea.  No one has yet bothered to respond to me.

I can defend my position, yet it seems that people with an opposing position are unable to defend theirs.  So far you have conflated adding value and relisting with the value increased as flipping, despite flipping (aka scalping and arbitration) being defined not once or by only one person, but at least 3 times by no fewer than 2 people.

Given that you have taken the field, failed to actually address the issue at hand, and now wish to retire, I can only think that you do not have a valid argument to make either for or against flipping, or against any detail of the idea I have presented.  You obviously have a position, given that you awarded me negative fake internet points, yet you have declined to state your position.  Since you lack the intestinal fortitude to state your position, and don't like speculation, everyone else can decide where you stand for themselves.

Dunno. I feel prices are remarkably stable in general. Sometimes things go up. But not huge amounts. 100k for a converter vs 70k is a decent percentage difference but still pocket change. You should make that difference in one decent spawn at level 50. I convert and sell a decent bit but things do not vary in price that often or that much. Even making a 2 million inf enhancement 3 million is not a significant change. Flipping on live made low level common arcane salvage 10x more expensive (remember 25k luck charms?). That is something that registers on the radar. This is all anecdotal and all but I think the market is pretty good personally. I'm not a rich player. I have never had more than 200 million at once on a character since I've so far not gone into winters or cytos. 

3 hours ago, A Cat said:

Dunno. I feel prices are remarkably stable in general. Sometimes things go up. But not huge amounts. 100k for a converter vs 70k is a decent percentage difference but still pocket change. You should make that difference in one decent spawn at level 50. I convert and sell a decent bit but things do not vary in price that often or that much. Even making a 2 million inf enhancement 3 million is not a significant change. Flipping on live made low level common arcane salvage 10x more expensive (remember 25k luck charms?). That is something that registers on the radar. This is all anecdotal and all but I think the market is pretty good personally. I'm not a rich player. I have never had more than 200 million at once on a character since I've so far not gone into winters or cytos. 

Things do ebb and flow, but lately I've consistently seen enhancements that used to go for 1M a piece sell for 3M+.  Maybe demand has shifted from other enhancements, or something else is going on; I don't have access to the data to really look at it and can only go by what I see anecdotally. 

• Thumbs Up 1