New strategies

JasperStone

"nice tanking"

I actually got this tell during Synapse TF while on Power Lass an Inv/SS tanker.

We also had a fire troller, crab ...and can't remember the other ATs

I adopted a newish style for me that proved good for the team

1. Team would get a mob locked and in control.

2. I would go forward to the next mob, taunt and pull them forward to a second mob and sit for a sec....

3. Team move to me lock them down ... beat them up good

4. I would move on rinse and repeat.

Made for speedy clearing of missions. Not necessarily how every part was handled, but when clearing was needed that was how we rolled. Everyone was able to contribute and get their kicks in.

Traditional tanking of "herding to here" may be gone as we are able to steamroll through content, but something along these lines is doable. It also keeps the pace up.

Anyone else finding new teaming strategies? 

/e poofgone

12 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

"nice tanking"

I actually got this tell during Synapse TF while on Power Lass an Inv/SS tanker.

We also had a fire troller, crab ...and can't remember the other ATs

I adopted a newish style for me that proved good for the team

1. Team would get a mob locked and in control.

2. I would go forward to the next mob, taunt and pull them forward to a second mob and sit for a sec....

3. Team move to me lock them down ... beat them up good

4. I would move on rinse and repeat.

Made for speedy clearing of missions. Not necessarily how every part was handled, but when clearing was needed that was how we rolled. Everyone was able to contribute and get their kicks in.

Traditional tanking of "herding to here" may be gone as we are able to steamroll through content, but something along these lines is doable. It also keeps the pace up.

Anyone else finding new teaming strategies?

(Starts at 1:22)

• Haha 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I wouldn't say it's all that new for a tank to leave early for the next spawn once they feel the current one is under control.

It sounds like a particularly good idea if you have any doms/controllers with area immobs to get to the spawn before they do, though.  Those folks, in my experience, don't care to wait to glue mobs to the floor no matter how scattered they are.  If a tank can get them to bunch up a little before that... so much the better.  Easier than trying to talk about it since people get all bent out of shape concerning that sort of thing no matter how politely you try to approach it.