Water Blast Storm Summoning?

Snarky

On 8/19/2021 at 5:13 PM, Dazl said:

Gale can be a handy power if you put a KB->KD on it.

I'll disagree.  The only KB powers I don't like are the ones that do radial or otherwise uncontrolled KB, e.g. Bonfire, Tornado, Wormhole, etc.  Note that Hurricane is an exception to this.

KB is a very, very powerful control.  It allows you to position mobs where you want them.  It just requires some forethought about where and when to use it.  Given that Storm is about location, location, location, that shouldn't be an issue.  For example, note that I did not include Lightning Storm in the list of radial KB powers, because it's not.  You hover up 10' or so and voila, it's KD, not KB.  Or place it so that it knocks the mobs into a wall.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Col. Kernel said:

I'll disagree.  The only KB powers I don't like are the ones that do radial or otherwise uncontrolled KB, e.g. Bonfire, Tornado, Wormhole, etc.  Note that Hurricane is an exception to this.

KB is a very, very powerful control.  It allows you to position mobs where you want them.  It just requires some forethought about where and when to use it.  Given that Storm is about location, location, location, that shouldn't be an issue.  For example, note that I did not include Lightning Storm in the list of radial KB powers, because it's not.  You hover up 10' or so and voila, it's KD, not KB.  Or place it so that it knocks the mobs into a wall.

True gale can be a control tool, but I prefer hurricane positioning mobs. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

On 8/22/2021 at 12:30 AM, Col. Kernel said:

You hover up 10' or so and voila, it's KD, not KB.  Or place it so that it knocks the mobs into a wall.

Excellent point!

The only downside being, sometimes with Storm you actually push the bad guys into the wall. Targetable, but undamageable.*

Which can be a pain on "kill-all" mishes.

Walls are my Stormy's Kryptonite.

* Yet another plug for the Teleport pool!

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)