Strange problem with pet emotes...?

Ultimo

So, I have a Mastermind with Mercs.  I wanted to bind a key to make them all stand at ease.

I typed in the following: /petsayall <em atease>

I expected they would all stand at ease, but instead they all SAID "<em atease>"

I asked about it in chat, and someone typed out the same command, which I then copied and pasted into the chat bar, and THAT made them stand at ease.  The text was IDENTICAL, so I have no idea why it wouldn't work when I typed the whole thing in.

So, I pasted the command again, but added a bind command: /bind numpad3 petsayall <em atease>

When I pressed Numpad 3, once again they didn't do the emote, they SAID the words "<em atease>"

I can't figure out why this isn't working, everything I've read and done suggests it SHOULD work.

Edited by Ultimo

Thanks for the cross-link.

And no, the problem has not been fixed in any subsequent patch or release. You have to work around this parsing bug for pet emotes.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

If the macro works, and you would rather use a key instead of a clicky, you can bind the desired key to execute the macro based upon its tray position.

/bind NUMPAD3 "powexec_tray  A B" where A=slot and B=tray where the macro is located.  Slot 0 on your screen is actually slot 10 for the binding.

GL!