Bio/Titan = Fail

riverbug

Titan/Bio Scrappers used to be considered one of the most OP combos, but TW was nerfed a little while ago, so that's not quite the case anymore.  As for a tanker, I don't think you'll have a problem with it.  It's not a combo I've ever played, but it should still be pretty powerful.  Both sets are still very good.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Yes, it's still good.  

Bio is my pick for best heal-tank armor.  But you may be better suited to a Defense based or Resist based armor.

Titan while not the one and only best as it was at one time, is still a top tier attack set.  Titan really benefits by building all out high-recharge full offense builds.

You really shouldn't judge any set by it's performance at level 20.  Level 20 is the first level when you finally get all your AT modifiers and start actually building to your strengths.  Level 1 to 20 You're really just riding the early level tables instead of the AT tables.

• Like 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

I have never tried Titan Weapons on an AT, primarily because I didn't want to bother with (not having) momentum. I have tried War Mace, which (while leveling) I found to be very clunky and slow... but once slotted with global Recharge works a lot smoother.

I can imagine how at low levels a Bio/TW tank can feel: you don't really have the slots to make the Bio feel like it is doing much for you (DNA Siphon will be key) and the attacks are probably very clunky.

I don't have experience tanking with Titan Weapons, but I have a Bio/Rad tanker at 50 who with no outside buffs or heals pretty much can't die without being absolutely saturated with recharge slow debuffs.  So it's a reliable set.  And, on top of that, it's fun to play!  The Adaptation modes add a fun layer to gameplay -- Offensive Adaptation, in particular, is a nice boost when survivability isn't a big issue (and it rarely is).

Again, haven't played with TW post-nerf, and before that it was on a brute.  Don't know what it feels like to tank with it.  But the defense buffs in attacks sure wouldn't be a bad fit with Bio!

Edited by Koda651

On 8/26/2021 at 5:59 PM, riverbug said:

Thanks , I will keep going and see if it is a good fit.

This is the way. I've got a bio tank but I've found that in areas with defense debuffs and slows like the ITF it becomes rather brittle. But that's solo. On teams, so many buffs/debuffs are flying that its layered protection keeps it in a happy place and if things get really ugly, you can always slap it into defensive mode.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

This is the way. I've got a bio tank but I've found that in areas with defense debuffs and slows like the ITF it becomes rather brittle. But that's solo. On teams, so many buffs/debuffs are flying that its layered protection keeps it in a happy place and if things get really ugly, you can always slap it into defensive mode.

Right - Bio needs a lot of sets to be strong. I'll dig out my Bio/Dark Melee build and post it.

You'll be able to cap resist to Smash/Lethal, but you'll have defense vs Energy/Neg/Fire/Cold and no debuff resistance. Your heals and absorb are what keep you alive. If you get slowed or a bunch of defense debuffs it's hard to stay alive. So a bunch of super expensive Winters and other sets plug your holes but it takes a long time to get there.

I'd be kinda reluctant to do Bio and TW because momentum is kinda unpredictable. If you need a heal or to move when TW decides you need to build momentum you'll be stuck rooted for a seemingly long time.

BUT if you enjoy it that's the key! You can be awesome and tank and do damage and have a lot of fun doing it.