Half my beacons stopped working. Ideas?

ZekeStenzland

So, I came back from a week's vacation to find that half the beacons in my base stopped working. I have 6 teleporters. Three of them, when you click on them, just say there's no beacons attached. The other three teleporters go to their destinations just fine.

If you go into editing mode, and click on the (now nonfunctioning?) beacons, they do say they're attached. I've tried moving them closer to the teleporter, but that doesn't change anything.

As far as I know, no one has edited the base for months. If it makes a difference, the three that stopped working were the ones going to blue-exclusive zones. The ones still working are for zones a red or gold person can enter.

Any ideas what to try next to fix this?

Edited by ZekeStenzland
clarity

Just out of curiosity, which alignment are you?

I know a time or two I've clicked on my portals and been confused as to why the blue zones weren't working, until I realized I was on a full Villain character. Full Villains can't access Blue zones, so they will show no destinations, and full Heroes can't access Red zones, so likewise those portals will show up blank for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

So, I came back from a week's vacation to find that half the beacons in my base stopped working. I have 6 teleporters. Three of them, when you click on them, just say there's no beacons attached. The other three teleporters go to their destinations just fine.

If you go into editing mode, and click on the (now nonfunctioning?) beacons, they do say they're attached. I've tried moving them closer to the teleporter, but that doesn't change anything.

As far as I know, no one has edited the base for months. If it makes a difference, the three that stopped working were the ones going to blue-exclusive zones. The ones still working are for zones a red or gold person can enter.

Any ideas what to try next to fix this?

Yeah same thing, all of my shadow shard ones don't work and a couple misc ones on both blue and red.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Sigh. Okay, thanks for suggesting the obvious, folks.

Just before going on vacation, I switched from Rogue to Villain, so I could get the "Countdown to Frenzy(?)" power. The "broken" beacons work just fine for folks of a less pure-red alignment. 

Thanks again, everyone!

• Like 1