I Just Had My Butt Kicked By Myself

Erratic1

I am relatively unfamiliar with Kheldians (played a Warshade back on live) and for some unknown reason have decided that lack of familiarity shouldn't keep me from tackling advanced subject matters with the AT--a human form only Peacebringer.

I always run the Protean arc on my characters where you end up fighting your clone a few times. The handwriting was on the wall when I noticed how little damage I was doing (typical slotting for me at the low level of the story arc being one accuracy SO in powers that take them). Took notably more attacks to put down targets but I could afford to let them beat on me for  a bit as I worked them down. Whoops, forgot about quantums, got dead once. Fine, kill them first. Then we get to the first instance of encountering your clone.

I knew clones could use powers you didn't have but how on Earth was mine using form powers without shifting forms?!? Filthy cheater. And he hit a lot harder than I did. He forced me to flee the mission to recover. Second try same thing. Fine...I'll go slot two damage SOs in the powers with the highest damage value. Fight, fight, run, heal, run, but with a lot of inspiration use (which I almost never need on other ATs) I managed to put him down. 

Yeah! Mission is over and I'm getting the final dialogue...

...and then my clone self-rezzes!!!!!

OH  HELL NO! I very quickly push the Exit Mission button. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You think thats rude. Try the Posi 1 TF. I've had my close wipe the team with Seekers and Dawn Strike.

• Haha 2

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Roaming Everlasting as the Peacebringer Ganymedean.

My understanding is that Peacebringer clones are based on PPD Quantum mobs.  They cheat pretty hard: one shield for all resists, seekers, healing, and self-rez.  They also have a visual bug where they shapeshift but there's no visible change to their appearance; you can tell they're shapeshifted by how janky their animations become.  They're mean.

If it's any consolation, a few of the defensive sets can also self-rez; I think Regen and Willpower clones can also revive themselves.

On the inverse, Warshade clones are a complete joke.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

10 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

My understanding is that Peacebringer clones are based on PPD Quantum mobs.  They cheat pretty hard: one shield for all resists, seekers, healing, and self-rez.  They also have a visual bug where they shapeshift but there's no visible change to their appearance; you can tell they're shapeshifted by how janky their animations become.  They're mean.

It was pretty dispiriting. Have not played the character since. But time heals all wounds...just might be a lot of time in this case. 😄

While not specific to HEATs, I did this trick on the Protean story where you fight yourself while playing as a VEAT. Most of my VEAT have multiple builds leveraging the different possible paths, and one of my VEAT has a completely different body type (and costume) to represent the different "characters"... for whatever reason I decided I wanted to play one half of the character against the other half, so after entering the mission I changed builds and got a chance to fight the different alts against each other.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1