I have Scrappaltitis

BurningDezire

Do you mean +4 AVs, or at level?    I don't tend to build for max DPS on my chars, so an AV fight is either unending, or at least boring as heck, but I've seen plenty of combos out there that can do it.  Just make sure to get your Def up, regen hp enough to keep up with the occasional hit, and get DPS up.

Daggers, the temp buffs, pets go a long way as well.

my dm/sd solos most AV's no issue stupid psi

My katana/Rad solos AV's and solos ITFs

kata/wp can cruise through a lot of av'S

On live my main AV killer was fire/sd and fire has fallen to the wayside in today's coh

On live my DB/EA chewed up a lot of av's

A lot of scrappers sets with the right type of build can solo av's

Edited by hejtmane
  • Like 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

Poke your head in the Pylon Thread. There are a lot of different melee AT combos that can solo AVs. Something doesn't HAVE to be EM or Bio to do it. People were dropping AVs with pre-buff tanker DPS well before EM got buffed or Bio even existed. Allllllll the armor sets can drop an AV (just don't do regen). All the primaries can also, but Electrical Melee and Staff standout as having the most issues with that. They both have pretty low single target DPS which are similar to each other. EM, DB, WM, Kat, and Claws all stand out to me as able to easily get it done. Those five really don't have a crazy discrepancy in ST performance. Ice Melee and TW (which is still really good) are about the same now. Rad Melee performs as well as IM/TW single target wise but it takes some weird proc manipulating building to do so. That one even threw me off, and I'm pretty good at this stuff. DM has a rep for being a ST monster, but it actually isn't as good as those other sets (unless you can make sure to keep Soul Drain saturated). But DM is a legit fun set to me due to how you have to leverage it. I've got a EM/FA/Soul brute that feels VERY much like a scrapper (squishy as hell too) that pumps out a TON of ST and AOE DPS. If you're willing to go the brute route, I can absolutely vouch for Fire Armor being a really fun glass cannon. Fire Armor has been the flavor of the month since the 2000s for a reason.

• Thumbs Up 2