I know it's coming and I am afraid................

Herah

That's it nearly Trick or Treating time again. From the group that brought loosely organized chaos in league format, we'll be back at it again. We're hoping to be a smidge more organized this year, but you know how it is herding cats. Mayhem Motel in PI is under new management and they haven't been warned about us yet.

Zone events during the Eternal Night to include:

• Deadly Apocalypse (Banners) 
  • Zombie Invasion
  • GM hunts (ft. Eochai and Jack in Irons)
  • general nuisance behavior

There will also be the option to be 'treated' with new temporary costumes, which while worn during the events, offer you the chance at holiday Tip missions.

You may also be awarded with special Halloween salvage which made be traded on Croatoa for an extra costume slot or a spider pet.

Badges, of course badges. For all of the witches, and werewolves, and vampires....Oh My! (something.... something.... zombies....)

Lastly, for fun, we're trying to go themed this year. The theme is Victorian Era horror.

Now, many of us work full time jobs and so this events cannot run constantly (with us in charge that is) so to maximize everyone's fun and rewards we ask a few things. If you need to go AFK briefly plz say so, please be participating, and always always always replace the team lead within the league with a 50. Otherwise, golden rule. Pls be nice. 'Tips Teams' within the league itself are not guaranteed as it can alter other events of the league play. 

Mayhem Motel - We'll leave the fright on for ya

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

On 10/1/2021 at 4:28 PM, trogenion said:

always loved the ToT, when is the start time btw?

So typically they initiate the Halloween event the first Tuesday in Oct, usually during their scheduled downtime/update period. I have not seen much mention aside from everyone's anticipation, but that is when it is typically started.

faceplant.jpg

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

So far so good as we move into the first full weekend of Trick or Treating. I'm honestly not sure what caused the heavier lag, the Rikti or the Zombie invasions. Regardless, we knocked them all back to their realms of existence. We hope everyone is having fun.

Some things to note in the coming weeks:

• Quite frequently league members may experience an XP bug. If your XP bottoms out or seems low, drop league and ask for a re-invite. We are well aware of this from last year.
  • Please be patient when asking for invites. I diligently try to go back thru my chat to add folks in the order they asked. This can be tell, local, or broadcast. 
  • Please no dual or multi-boxing on league. When we have folks waiting to join, taking up extra space is unfair.
  • If the league is full and others are waiting to join, prolonged unannounced AFKs will be kicked in order to add active players.

So far Mayhem Motel hasn't called the PPD, but it's only a matter of time. Get your tricks, gifts, and rocks while they last at Mayhem Motel - We'll leave the fright on for ya!

screenshot_211009-21-08-03.jpg

screenshot_211009-22-13-59.jpg

faceplant.jpg

Spoiler

On 10/9/2021 at 9:48 PM, Herah said:

So far so good as we move into the first full weekend of Trick or Treating. I'm honestly not sure what caused the heavier lag, the Rikti or the Zombie invasions. Regardless, we knocked them all back to their realms of existence. We hope everyone is having fun.

Some things to note in the coming weeks:

• Quite frequently league members may experience an XP bug. If your XP bottoms out or seems low, drop league and ask for a re-invite. We are well aware of this from last year.
  • Please be patient when asking for invites. I diligently try to go back thru my chat to add folks in the order they asked. This can be tell, local, or broadcast. 
  • Please no dual or multi-boxing on league. When we have folks waiting to join, taking up extra space is unfair.
  • If the league is full and others are waiting to join, prolonged unannounced AFKs will be kicked in order to add active players.

So far Mayhem Motel hasn't called the PPD, but it's only a matter of time. Get your tricks, gifts, and rocks while they last at Mayhem Motel - We'll leave the fright on for ya!

screenshot_211009-21-08-03.jpg

screenshot_211009-22-13-59.jpg

I'm in this picture and I like it!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

It is with relief that we bid farewell to this year's Halloween event. We kicked a lot of zombie butt, sent the Rikti packing, and kept PI safe from a roving Jack in Irons and Eochai as well as thwarting any foothold the Deadly Apocalypse tried to gain in our fair city. 

We repeatedly ran off the occupants of Mayhem Motel; a poorly timed visit of the Witches, Werewolves, and Vampiric Association, who were in town as contracted cosplayers. I even met with the management of Mayhem Motel, but to no avail. I expect to be receiving a bill for damages and restitution from said manager. 

I think I speak for all involved on our end, that we hope that everyone had fun, got the badges they wanted, the merits, threads, and costumes too. I think things ran a bit more smoothly this year and the additional assistance of volunteers with Incan helped immensely. Huge thanks to Dr. Feel-Good, Lord Aragas, Tiger, soo, Mara Blaze, troff, all associated alts, and many more. I know that there are others I am missing but we were grateful to have folks help out. Just know that running the ToT league is so much more like herding cats than anything else we have done in game to date. 

As always you can find many of us in the Hive on a regular basis running/playing in the Hami raids. (See the Torchbearer player led events calendar for more information) We need more merits for our crushing altholism, and well, you know, the bill. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Until next year...

Mayhem Motel - We'll leave the fright on for ya!

Halloween Collage.jpg

faceplant.jpg

Spoiler