Grav/Kin question: Wormhole -> Crushing Field -> Fulcrum Shift -> Water Spout (Leviathan) -> Profit?

Argentae

Talk me out of it? What am I not seeing? Doesn't look like you can perma it, but you can get decently close (I use /4 as a rule of thumb for 'can it be reasonably made permanent so 180 Rech/4 = 45 sec. 30 sec duration, so...) with it being up for EVERY spawn unless you're on a fast team, and twice for most. 

It looks on the surface like it should be a lumbermill sized buzz saw. Wormhole dropping everything in a tight pile should make FS on a x8 map push Waterspout through the roof dmg, over the lifetime of the spout.  Great for large spawns and should be amazing on single target both. At the damage cap it seems like it will be absolute devastating. I understand there are two -Res procs  available (Achilles Heel and what else? Don't know what the other one is off the top of my head) which could really just make it absurd. 

Slotting something like 2 -Res Procs - 4 Expedient Reinforcement for 6.25% Rech set bonus.

I lose an LoTG mule dot having a +def in Leviathan, but I normally run 2-3 Siphon Speed stacks pretty comfortably, so losing 7.5 global isn't that big an issue. Normally I'd go /Ice for the two AOE attacks (Frost Breath and the glory that is Ice Storm), but I think I could JUST take Water Spout and Bile Spray, and have a bunch of extra power slots. I was even thinking of skipping the Coralax, though an additional source of damage is always good, so I'll probably keep Spikey.  

Currently planning:

Speed (Hasten)

Fighting (Boxing, Touch, Weave) <- I used to defiantly NOT take the fighting pool, just like I ran my Mind/Kin without the fitness pool, because I could. 

Flight (Hover. Fly, Evasive Maneuvers) Took Fly for Evasive LoTG mule and QOL movement. I'm generally fine with Ninja Run, Hover and Siphon Speed

Last pool is up in the air., odd phrasing coming after the Flight though that is.

Obvious pick is either Leadership: Maneuvers or Leaping: Combat Jump, leaning towards Leadership

Been thinking of Will Power: Weaken resolve though. With an Achilles Heel -Res Proc it would stack well with Waterspout's -Res from Procs. 

26 minutes ago, Argentae said:

I understand there are two -Res procs  available (Achilles Heel and what else? Don't know what the other one is off the top of my head) which could really just make it absurd. 

The other -res proc is Annihilation, but I don't recall if they stack from the same caster.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

Thanks to both of you! 🙂 Knowing what the other -Res proc is and that they stack with each other really supports how effective I think this will be. I've toyed with the idea of adding in Weaken Resolve, but unless Achilles on a different power can stack with itself, It's not worth it. I think my initial target will be Waterspout with Achilles and Annihilation -Res + a four pack of Expedient reinforcement.

Cygnus X-1 Book III dinged  27 last night, so I've just started playing with Wormhole (playing with it again I should say, Astricane was my Grav/Storm on live and LOVED WH), and getting a feel for how it works in the new reality we play in. Won't really be able to test the idea in the title until 38 of course, but so far it looks like it will be brokenly OP. :: Rubbing hands :: 

Grav's single target attack chain is very different than Mind's Dom-Lev-Mes, which is one of the closest parallels in Control primariy sets for me. Mind is the premier single target control set, but with two KB powers in the attack chain able to take Force Feedback's +rech, I expect a Grav/Kin to be a recharge monster once I get more global +Rech in place. Only have two LotGs slotted at this point, no sets and FF +Rech only in Lift, but I'm already seeing it. WH recharges so fast at times it makes most AOE controls look broken by comparison. 

Does anyone know a source for Singy's stats? I remember the rough gist, but Mids doesn't have details that I need to figure out how to slot it for tank duties. I'm kind of thinking about whether this would be an interesting A/V fighting build. Dipping lighter than usual into the Epic/Patron pool leaves some flexibility in how I optimize the rest of the build.

Again, thanks! I appreciate the feedback!     

Not that the toon won’t kick ass in plenty of ways, but Fulcrum Shift shouldn’t buff Water Spout, so it’s not really the best synergy you can get.

On an unrelated note, Singularity plus Sorcery Pool is stupid good synergy.

Edited by arcane

3 hours ago, Argentae said:

Does anyone know a source for Singy's stats? I remember the rough gist, but Mids doesn't have details that I need to figure out how to slot it for tank duties.

50% resistance to S/L/F/C/E/N, 90% resistance to P/T. I slot with Expedient Reinforcement (all 6 pieces), which includes the 10% resist bonus for pets.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=pets_singularity

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

On 10/1/2021 at 11:54 AM, arcane said:

Not that the toon won’t kick ass in plenty of ways, but Fulcrum Shift shouldn’t buff Water Spout, so it’s not really the best synergy you can get.

On an unrelated note, Singularity plus Sorcery Pool is stupid good synergy.

Fulcrum shift won’t buff Waterspout, but it will buff Cygnus X-1, so when I summon Waterspout I think it will have the damage buff in place?

When you say synergy with Singularity and Sorcery pool, you mean Spirit Ward? Or Enflame? 

I played around with Enflame and Siphon Power to verify it’s affected, which means Fulcrum Shift should as well. Given the nigh total lack of AOE damage in Grav/, Enflame seems a decent option. I think Wormhole into Dimension Shift then Enflame should work out pretty well, once FS is available I imagine it should cook minions nicely. 🙂

55 minutes ago, Argentae said:

Fulcrum shift won’t buff Waterspout, but it will buff Cygnus X-1, so when I summon Waterspout I think it will have the damage buff in place?

When you say synergy with Singularity and Sorcery pool, you mean Spirit Ward? Or Enflame? 

I played around with Enflame and Siphon Power to verify it’s affected, which means Fulcrum Shift should as well. Given the nigh total lack of AOE damage in Grav/, Enflame seems a decent option. I think Wormhole into Dimension Shift then Enflame should work out pretty well, once FS is available I imagine it should cook minions nicely. 🙂

I don’t know what Cygnus is, but I’m pretty sure FS wouldn’t help Water Spout at all. I could be wrong though.

I mean both 🙂 I have it on two of my Gravity Controllers so far. My Grav/Storm has Spirit Ward and Enflame, and my Grav/Sonic has an amazing 4 ally toggles. The latter Singularity has even higher resistance, high absorb, and auras that damage, debuff resistance, knockdown, and trigger Force Feedback on me 🙂

One more caveat to make sure you’re aware of: Wormhole does nothing to level 54 bosses. Because of this flaw, I’ve actually taken to using Teleport Target on some Gravity controllers to just drop Singularity in the middle of a mob. Remember Singularity is now the game’s only vacuum pull type power, so it groups things in a very nice tight radius if you drop it in the middle of the action. That starts to be a lot of pool investments though. My Grav/Storm is the most ridiculous due to having Wormhole, Teleport Target, and Fold Space. Constantly throwing spawns into the fray.

Edited by arcane

I just tested Water Spout on my Ice / Ice scrapper vs a CoT Lieut. If I summoned it without any +Dam it did 9.75 damage a tick. I then waited for it to recharge (Hibernate is very useful sometimes) and did Build Up (with the proc) > Water Spout : Still 9.75 damage a tick. Looks like Water Spout is essentially an unbuffable pet (rather than a pseudopet like Ice Storm). 

So the answer is : Water Spout won't inherit your damage buffs. Fulc won't make a difference. So I'd pick another EPP if you want Fulc to buff it. 

Edit : Looking at City of Data it looks like both the Controller and Stalker versions of Water Spout have "Use Caster Mods" set to false and that's what controls if the buffs are inherited or not. 

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=villain_pets.water_spout.water_spout&at=minion_pets

Whereas Ice Storm has it set to true

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=pets.epic_icestorm.icestorm&at=minion_pets

Edited by Carnifax