Praetoria Shortcut After Completing the Story

I would like to see a shortcut added to Praetoria if you've completed the story line. I've thought of a couple of ways it could be implemented.

For example, If you have the Tempered Through Fire badge on any character (and maybe get a praetorian character to 50), you can create a new praetorian character and:

1) go directly to AP/Mercy at level one
OR
2) Instantly leveled to 20 to get the "leave Praetoria" quest immediately

Because if you have a character concept that would be great for a Praetorian, it really sucks having to solo all the way through hundreds of ghoul ambushes again.

I would prefer (1) to be implemented because I would hate for the lower levels to become empty.

Edited by MidnightClubPatron
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why, though?

You can turn on double XP, go to Pocket D and get powerlevelled to 20 in an AE farm in about 10 minutes.

Of if this seems distasteful, do repeatable missions from the Clockwork or Resistance radio for 20 levels. It should only take a few of hours.

Edited by Take One

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

... why would you make a praetorian to not do praetorian content?  Just roll the person in Atlas or Mercy and say "I was a Praetorian" in the bio.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

30 minutes ago, Greycat said:

... why would you make a praetorian to not do praetorian content?  Just roll the person in Atlas or Mercy and say "I was a Praetorian" in the bio.

From a practical standpoint: Your badges don't match up! (10-50 badges, Damage taken badges, and more!)

RP-Wise: Your character would not, in fact be from Praetoria. They would be from primal. A stolen valor, if you will. 
But this isn't really an important point to me. You can't make characters on another planet, but we accept we have plenty of characters "from another planet" RP-Wise. Your bio determines whats true and whats not (to an extent?)

Its more of a personal problem that I would feel like a fraud if I didn't have a toon from Praetoria if I was claiming that I was from Praetoria since Im able to be from there.

(I would be curious on how RP-ers feel about the topic)

Edited by MidnightClubPatron

Well, an RPer is asking, so...

And your points don't really add up with your initial post. Your badges wouldn't match? You haven't done anything - you've rolled in Praetoria, then either immediately skipped to 20 and gone to Primal or gone directly to AP/Mercy... meaning you weren't even really a tourist in Praetoria. At best, maybe you were one of the refugees that made it out... in which case, yes, sticking "Born in Praetoria, but..." in your bio and just rolling your character red or blue works just fine.

I say that because your character hasn't been shaped by Praetoria at all. No choices made, for or against the Regime, for or against the extremes of the Resistance, no decisions about loyalty or subterfuge. You'd have more "weight" as a Praetorian (with what shows) rolling in primal and then running back at 50 to farm badges than what you suggest.

Just a "no sale" here.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.