Mousewheel up/down bind

Roo2D2

Would it be possible to improve the MOUSEWHEEL bind so that it can be MOUSEWHEELUP and MOUSEWHEELDOWN? That way I could do target selection with my mouse wheel (target_enemy_next/target_enemy_prev). That would be sweet.

• Thanks 1

Try /bind MouseWheel TargetEnemyNext

Unfortunately you can not do up and down.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Now, now. Never say never around me, especially not at 6 in the morning.

/bind MOUSEWHEEL target_enemy_next
/bind SHIFT+MOUSEWHEEL target_enemy_prev

...and you have two more shift keys for variations like target_friend.

Poisonally, I'll keep the wheel for quick zoom changes, but I think I will throw the next/prev target on a couple of shift+ combos.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

48 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Now, now. Never say never around me, especially not at 6 in the morning.

/bind MOUSEWHEEL target_enemy_next
/bind SHIFT+MOUSEWHEEL target_enemy_prev

...and you have two more shift keys for variations like target_friend.

Poisonally, I'll keep the wheel for quick zoom changes, but I think I will throw the next/prev target on a couple of shift+ combos.

I was thinking of using up and down for Next and Previous... it keeps the camera functions on the mouse and allows easy targeting....

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

51 minutes ago, Zepp said:

I was thinking of using up and down for Next and Previous... it keeps the camera functions on the mouse and allows easy targeting....

No, I get that. The above is a rigth-now workaround.

Your request should be within reach, given that binding camdist to it works in both directions.

There's a more complicated solution in using MIDDLECLICK to swap rolling binds. Default is target_next; click and it's target_prev. Click as needed. Still just a workaround.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Actually, I'd thought of all those workarounds, and I'll probably implement SHIFT+MOUSEWHEEL and CTRL+MOUSEWHEEL for next/prev, and then maybe have MIDDLECLICK be target_enemy_near.

But for those times when I'm looking for the one boss in the group using TAB and I sweep past it and have to SHIFT-TAB back, it'd be nice to do be able to just scroll the mousewheel up and then back down one instead. It's way more intuitive.

Just an update: I discovered that if MOUSEWHEEL is bound to camdist (zoom), none of the shift-binds work. The mouse buttons get so aggravating...

7 hours ago, Roo2D2 said:

But for those times when I'm looking for the one boss in the group using TAB and I sweep past it and have to SHIFT-TAB back, it'd be nice to do be able to just scroll the mousewheel up and then back down one instead. It's way more intuitive.

I completely agree; it maps to most general UI (browsers, etc.) to do it that way.

There are just enough wonks on the way mouse buttons can be used, though, that I wonder if there's some quirk in the code that would make it harder than it seems. Splitting it into UP and DOWN would be great if possible,

Edited by Shenanigunner