UPDATE: BOTH VIDEOS UPLOADED - Empth Defender solo's Master ITF no insps, 54 x8, no deaths, no temps

Voltak

EDIT *** Both videos are now uploaded, so you can see parts 2,3, and 4. 

I just finished the deadliest part (and yes, I got it on video ) of the ITF, that is part 2.  

Part 3 and 4 will be done after a break and some things I need to do in RL.  

Theoretically I should be able to do it.  As an Emp Defender with a decent build, I should be able to keep Dae and Imp alive.  Both of them do more dmg than a scrapper or blaster, and I have duo'd the ITF before with those toons.  The issue is going to be time.  I have no control over who they target and for sakes of making my play easier, I need to be careful where and how to approach with those NPCs.  

I will update this thread as I make progress.  

Imagine that, and Emp soloing the ITF 54 x8 with no insps.  A good way to say goodbye to 2021.  😜😊

If the NPCs die, I will also update.  If the NPCs die that equals game over.  I have no damage to take on the AVs even if they won't kill me. 

UPDATE :  VIDEO of the whole of part 2 has been uploaded 

Parts 3 and 4 here --->  https://youtu.be/qv5mpxWJAO0

A few notes here about doing this -->

The Master of ITF, specifically Part 3 and 4, is as easy as it could get with an Empathy Defender.  
Other classes can probably be just as easy, but I doubt  it can be easier and safer to do solo than with an Empathy Defender.  When you see the video, if you don't believe me now, you will definitely believe after you watch. 

In parts 3 and 4 you don't need to do any work if the NPCs don't get stuck in some places of the map and unable to free themselves (as it happened to me at one point). 

Other than that, there is no AV that stands a chance vs Daedulus, and they stand even less of a chance vs Imperious. 

All you have to do is keep those buffs ( barely ever do you need to heal ), Turn on YouTube in another computer or your phone, enjoy your videos, and let the NPC obliterate  the AVs, and every other enemy in the map. 

Wether or not an Empathy Defender can do the ITF at Master settings with no inspirations depends on wether or not he makes it alive in Part 2.  Part 2 is infinitely more difficult than part 3 and 4 COMBINED ! 
This is true for every single class in the game or power set combination. 
I say this after soloing the ITF with 3 different classes already - Dominator, Fortunata (1 hr 41 mins) and Defender. 
I have also done several dozens of runs as a Duo, and in teams of 3 and 4. 
Part 2 of the Master ITF challenge with no inspirations is what determines if you succeed or not in 90% of the cases. 

Videos for part 3 and 4 (will be one sole video) will be coming up soon. 

About the build 

The build is extremely low on damage.  It is the build I use to duo ITF's in support of other toons, or teams of 3 and so on.  
It is also the build I use for extreme AE challenge missions, which are vastly more difficult than most content of the game.   This is why in Part 3 and 4 I do almost nothing besides buffing the NPCs.  
It is also the reason why even though Part 1 is so very easy, I killed only the necessary and specific enemies to finish part 1
VERY slowly. 

Edited by Voltak
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Troyusrex said:

I’m interested to hear how this goes. Good luck!

I just logged back in. 

Neither Requiem nor Rommy are any match for Dae.  

His damage is insane defenses of Cimerorans just melt away since Dae is a Rad/Rad Hero. 

I kept him alive just fine.   All the bots at the computer were no match for Dae.  

I had the hard part - surviving when they saw me or some aggro was on me.  

284440087_ScreenShot2021-10-31at5_13_59PM.thumb.jpeg.e77b3c9571f19d93acccfb925cae7d7f.jpeg

Part 3 is done. 

Now I begin part 4 

UPDATE -- CONCLUDED all parts --

Total play time about 2 hours and 40 minutes.  

It beat my dominator's MoITF time !!  Then again, Imperious and Dae hit harder than  any player in the game

Edited by Voltak
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Done 🙂

I need to work on editing the videos now. 

Part 2 is extremely difficult, words can't describe it properly.  The video will help to understand this better. 
But... having said that.  Part 3 and Part 4 are almost as easy with an EMP Defender as part is difficult.  

Total time, actual playing time - 2 hours and 40 mins (roughly) 

1832331194_ScreenShot2021-10-31at5_57_39PM.thumb.jpeg.49e9a786abead4e2769a9e07eaa06a8f.jpeg

Edited by Voltak
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Voltak changed the title to UPDATE: Only a healer? Empth Defender solo's Master ITF no insps, 54 x8, no deaths, no temps
13 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Very well done and excellent time.  Believe @Lex Talion's time was around 3 hrs 28 min on his Master, no inspirations, +4/×8, run.  (See: "The Emp with a Boomstick - Solo MoITF 54/8, No Insp" post, currently on page 9 this thread).

What was your secondary?

** I am not claiming to be the first to do it **

I don't have time to play that many hours straight lately.  Even in game I was afk on the phone talking to clients.
Especially on a weekend, time is limited. 😜😜😄

My total game time was about 2 hours 40 mins and that was with RL aggro hitting me on the side of the head. 

I posted the video, please check it out ! 

I am uploading all parts starting from Part 2 of the ITF.  If an Empth can do that, he can easily do the rest of the ITF, and I do mean EASILY. 

SotThe real evidence, the crucial evidence, of wether an EMPTH can do this or not  is basically being able to do part 2 because part 2 is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and IMMENSELY DIFFICULT to do under these difficulty settings. 
Everything else is as easy as it can be 😄😄

Edited by Voltak

• Voltak changed the title to UPDATE: VIDEO UPLOADED - Empth Defender solo's Master ITF no insps, 54 x8, no deaths, no temps
1 hour ago, Voltak said:

I don't have time to play that many hours straight lately.  Especially on a weekend. 

My total game time was about 2 hours 40 mins and that was with RL aggro hitting me on the side of the head. 

I post the video. 

I am uploading all parts starting from Part 2 of the ITF.  If an Empth can do that, he can easily do the rest of the ITF, and I do mean EASILY. 

The real evidence, the crucial evidence is proof of being able to do part 2 because part 2 is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and IMMENSELY DIFFICULT to do under these difficulty settings. 

Yes indeed, if I die on a support character while teamed including on one of my Empaths it's almost always in the cramped quarters of mission two.  Often it's while caught between the spawns of an ambush and a cyst on a fast moving team that's mostly focused on the cysts (i.e. and not worrying about mobs left behind).  The cramped quarters make running away or evading aggro all but impossible.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Congrats, Jilaiya will buy you some drinks next time you're in Pocket D.

The Cimmies can get lucky in any mission, but I'd say it's about twice as likely to happen in Mission 2 than any other.  But at the same time, you can't let your guard down after mission 2, they can get lucky in any of the missions, all you have to do is get overconfident or blink one too many times.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

8 minutes ago, Linea said:

Congrats, Jilaiya will buy you some drinks next time you're in Pocket D.

The Cimmies can get lucky in any mission, but I'd say it's about twice as likely to happen in Mission 2 than any other.  But at the same time, you can't let your guard down after mission 2, they can get lucky in any of the missions, all you have to do is get overconfident or blink one too many times.

Very nice of her, Linea.  Will. you drink them?  I don't drink 😂😂😜😜

It's true what you said about part 3 and 4.  Good for me, I am a flyer.  My chances are good.  
But anyone can have a lucky strike hit hard.  
I tried to stay at range as much as I could manage to do it. 

Part 2 is the bright novas and the white dwarves.  They also come into the scene and they also debuff you, but bright novas are the most dangerous since they debuff you from range.  Then, if enough debuffs land, you can become a piñata 🙂 😂😂😂

Thanks, Linea. 

Edited by Voltak

• Voltak changed the title to UPDATE: BOTH VIDEOS UPLOADED - Empth Defender solo's Master ITF no insps, 54 x8, no deaths, no temps