Remember and offer account names at login screen

Jacktar

Hello, I guess a fair few of us players are now using multiple accounts (I have two) and I do log in from both on a routine basis.

I have the remember account name box ticked mainly to keep my alts sorting list fixed.

So currently to login to the other account I have to click in box and backspace delete or overtype with the intended account name.

It would be great if when I click in the Account name box it popped up with the last two or three or four (whatever) account names previously used so I could just click the one I needed and it was inserted into the box.

The password box needs no changes whatsoever, this is just a QoL for inserting an account name.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Jacktar said:

The password box needs no changes whatsoever, this is just a QoL for inserting an account name.

I disagree; the white text-input bar against the background of the account and password boxes is almost invisible; changing it to a color that contrasts better so that you can see which box has the focus would be a significant QoL improvement.

Hi srmalloy, thanks for response, when I stated the Account Password box needs no change I meant in the context of suggested changes to the Account name box. Just in case anybody assumed incorrectly that I was also suggesting a new popup box with passwords offered.

However I do agree with you on the graphical inconvenience of white on white inside the boxes and perhaps that could also be looked at as a seperate (and probably quite easy) change action.

Cheers

18 hours ago, Jacktar said:

So currently to login to the other account I have to click in box and backspace delete or overtype with the intended account name.

I use something like this

Ourider_01isadumbass01

Ourider_01isadumbass02

Barely 3 seconds of work to click the box, hit backspace once, slap 2, hit tab, type password which is the same anyways, how is that an inconvenience unless you are using different account names?

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

7 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

I use something like this

Ourider_01isadumbass01

Ourider_01isadumbass02

Barely 3 seconds of work to click the box, hit backspace once, slap 2, hit tab, type password which is the same anyways, how is that an inconvenience unless you are using different account names?

Hi Ourider, this is very interesting and definately worth a consideration.

I unfortunately have two very different account names at present mainly because my very old brain finds it easier to compartmentise stuff that way.

However I am going to see if I can go down your way ( not sure if it is possible to change account names after setup?) and do my best to remember which is which till it sinks in 👨🏻‍🦳👍
Thank you.

6 hours ago, Jacktar said:

Hi Ourider, this is very interesting and definately worth a consideration.

I unfortunately have two very different account names at present mainly because my very old brain finds it easier to compartmentise stuff that way.

However I am going to see if I can go down your way ( not sure if it is possible to change account names after setup?) and do my best to remember which is which till it sinks in 👨🏻‍🦳👍
Thank you.

I don't think you can change account names, just forum/character/global.  If you are not too attached to one account, its possible to just PL up the character (can't transfer accross accounts) unless you have something important on it; like a farm brute.

• Thanks 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Honestly, the one change I'd want to see there is - if you mistype a password, you get a dialog box saying "incorrect ID or password," with an OK. If you hit enter again, you... just re-send the bad password, versus clearing the dialog box.

That should (to me) hit the "ok" on the dialog box, and the bad PW should be cleared.

• Thumbs Up 3

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.