Mud Pots missing taunt effect

2 hours ago, EldritchDrake said:

Mud pots seems to be missing it's taunt effect which makes it more difficult to keep enemies in melee range. Please fix to make the set more functional.

Which Mud Pots? Are you saying the Tanker/Brute versions broke? No other versions will get taunt but those two.

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

Which Mud Pots? Are you saying the Tanker/Brute versions broke? No other versions will get taunt but those two.

Whoops, my bad, was talking about the newly power proliferated scrapper version. As it currently is the debuff chases mobs away. Need that taunt aura to keep them in place.

1 minute ago, EldritchDrake said:

Whoops, my bad, was talking about the newly power proliferated scrapper version. As it currently is the debuff chases mobs away. Need that taunt aura to keep them in place.

That’s working as intended, devs stated Scrappers will never get any more taunt auras than those on live.

On 11/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, EldritchDrake said:

That literally makes no sense? Why? Some weird axe to grind or something?

They did not even realize the other sets had a taunt if I remember correctly and they think it is a bad idea. The issue it just makes the sets worse and there is no reason to play the sets without a taunt aura. That is fine I will just skip them and stick to inv, Bio, Shield, WP, Rad and EA.  Basically  Bio, and shield will always be top dogs with Rad third

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

On 11/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, EldritchDrake said:

That literally makes no sense? Why? Some weird axe to grind or something?

The sets that still taunt only really do so because the powers that have the taunt effect depend on having foes in range to get their effects. The sets are balanced around a certain amount of enemy saturation for those powers and having the taunt attached to them lets them function more appropriately. Scrappers without those powers tend to not have a true taunt aura in their kit otherwise and it seems the devs have no intention of introducing "scales with enemy saturation" player toggles in the Scrapper toolkit.

Since Scrapper Mud Pots does not buff the Scrapper based on nearby foes, there's no need to make it taunt things outside of a desire to play a Scrapper like a pseudoBrute with Crits.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.