The Chosen One/ Leader (last inf badge)

Ukase

Anyone have more than one badge character with all the badges? I know of at least 4 people that crazy besides me. I'm not sure about them (Lorainne, Sentenza, Voltor, Stitch), but with me - it took me a year of goofing off when HC first came out before I even reconsidered badging. I'd done it on live, and was pretty high up there, considering my late start to play (issue 3 - missing out on some anniversary badges & a few others) 

I know I had as many as I could possibly get when the game closed. 

So, my last badger was complete before the 2xp nerf. I remember it being one of the last ones I got, but I was scratching my head, trying to think why this time around it was taking longer. And then it hit me - I no longer had the option to turn off xp for the 2xINF. 

Fun facts for those that don't know: 
Influence earned in the market doesn't give progress/credit for this badge. 
AE influence doesn't give credit/progress either. 

Since there is no more 2xINF, I'm thinking perhaps there might be a way we could find another way to earn credit towards this badge. Like, I dunno - buy it, as an inf sink, maybe? 
I give up a billion for 10M credit or something ridiculous like that? or would that be bad form? 

I mean, I'll get it eventually, but I do have some alt-itis that is needing attention. Getting a little tired of playing this water/sonic corruptor, despite it being one of my better built characters. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Anyone have more than one badge character with all the badges? I know of at least 4 people that crazy besides me. I'm not sure about them (Lorainne, Sentenza, Voltor, Stitch), but with me - it took me a year of goofing off when HC first came out before I even reconsidered badging. I'd done it on live, and was pretty high up there, considering my late start to play (issue 3 - missing out on some anniversary badges & a few others) 

I know I had as many as I could possibly get when the game closed. 

So, my last badger was complete before the 2xp nerf. I remember it being one of the last ones I got, but I was scratching my head, trying to think why this time around it was taking longer. And then it hit me - I no longer had the option to turn off xp for the 2xINF. 

Fun facts for those that don't know: 
Influence earned in the market doesn't give progress/credit for this badge. 
AE influence doesn't give credit/progress either. 

Since there is no more 2xINF, I'm thinking perhaps there might be a way we could find another way to earn credit towards this badge. Like, I dunno - buy it, as an inf sink, maybe? 
I give up a billion for 10M credit or something ridiculous like that? or would that be bad form? 

I mean, I'll get it eventually, but I do have some alt-itis that is needing attention. Getting a little tired of playing this water/sonic corruptor, despite it being one of my better built characters. 

I don't see a question in the above post, so I'll just add my two cents. Been playing my main since June 2019 and I still don't have the last inf badge. Sitting at around 364 million inf gained. Vet Level 88. Completed all story arc content, task forces and strike forces, Blue, Red (4 more story arcs for Recluses' Betrayer), and Gold side outside of Incarnate content. Collected 1493/1550 badges.  I could farm the inf badge if I wanted, but I think I'll hold off until I have everything else. That amount is just through normal content (soloing mostly), without the 2xINF thing when it was still around either.

For the folks who've got 16 badgers with all the badges, they must've figured out an optimal method for the last inf badge, maybe they will share their thoughts for the folks who want it bad enough.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I don't see a question in the above post, so I'll just add my two cents. Been playing my main since June 2019 and I still don't have the last inf badge. Sitting at around 364 million inf gained. Vet Level 88. Completed all story arc content, task forces and strike forces, Blue, Red (4 more story arcs for Recluses' Betrayer), and Gold side outside of Incarnate content. Collected 1493/1550 badges.  I could farm the inf badge if I wanted, but I think I'll hold off until I have everything else. That amount is just through normal content (soloing mostly), without the 2xINF thing when it was still around either.

For the folks who've got 16 badgers with all the badges, they must've figured out an optimal method for the last inf badge, maybe they will share their thoughts for the folks who want it bad enough.

Sorry if it wasn't clear. 

I'm long-winded, so I feel like my "suggestions" would be poor use of the Dev's time. The question is about an inf sink. My spending 1 billion for 10M credit towards the last inf badge.  Would that be a bad idea? 

As for the method used by Voltor (the chap with each AT with all the badges) the strategy has been kill all ITFs at +4/8. I'm not a big fan of ITF. And certainly not doing as many times as it would take to earn 250M more. Well, not a fan doesn't really express my distaste for that TF quite enough. I actually hate it. It was actually my motivating factor in making enough emp merits through a farmer so I wouldn't be a slave to running TFs for reward merits. Everyone loves to do ITF, either as kill most/all, or speedy. I think I'd rather do it 4x speedy than once as a kill most/all. But I'd rather not do it all. 

Sure, any map will give progress. And I'll get there eventually. But, never hurts to ask folks what they think. (well, usually it doesn't hurt. Some of you folks are just mean and nasty. But that's okay. I'll live. ) 

25 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Sorry if it wasn't clear. 

I'm long-winded, so I feel like my "suggestions" would be poor use of the Dev's time. The question is about an inf sink. My spending 1 billion for 10M credit towards the last inf badge.  Would that be a bad idea? 

As for the method used by Voltor (the chap with each AT with all the badges) the strategy has been kill all ITFs at +4/8. I'm not a big fan of ITF. And certainly not doing as many times as it would take to earn 250M more. Well, not a fan doesn't really express my distaste for that TF quite enough. I actually hate it. It was actually my motivating factor in making enough emp merits through a farmer so I wouldn't be a slave to running TFs for reward merits. Everyone loves to do ITF, either as kill most/all, or speedy. I think I'd rather do it 4x speedy than once as a kill most/all. But I'd rather not do it all. 

Sure, any map will give progress. And I'll get there eventually. But, never hurts to ask folks what they think. (well, usually it doesn't hurt. Some of you folks are just mean and nasty. But that's okay. I'll live. ) 

Oh I see now, well I think that is kind of an interesting idea. On one hand, you have a badge that requires collecting inf to acquire - creating a shortcut would negate the purpose of the badge and potentially open the door for other types of "I don't feel like grinding the requirements" types of requests in the future. On the other hand, epic badges like that one do require a good deal of investment to acquire - for folks who haven't snagged it, that may seem needless, to others that may be irrelevant. My philosophy with badges, and really anything in this game, is if you want it bad enough, you're going to need to put in the time and effort for the reward. That may be finding the most efficient way to achieve that reward in the end, but it takes some amount of time and effort to do so.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png