Good domination combos that can survive in melee

KaizenSoze

3 hours ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

FWIW, the dark assault T9 plays a key role by providing a good home for the ATO +damage proc. That proc is often double stacked, which is quite helpful for DPS; sometimes it's triple stacked with a kin on the team. Having an immobilize that fits seamlessly into the ST attack chain is helpful as well, cutting down on runners; on reflection, I suppose this is part of why I don't miss the ST immobilize in the primary. 

It's clear that you don't think highly of ice control, which is fine and reasonable as the set's limitations are significant. Whether you think ice control is a good set or not probably boils down to how well you think of arctic air. I think very well of it, especially when paired with ice slick. Others may prefer another way of limiting incoming damage and that's a reasonable point of view. 

Regarding arctic air, it rapidly layers mezzes in melee in a way that no other set can match; confusion, fear, -move speed, and -recharge just for setting foot into melee range and swinging away at things. It has zero downtime, unless toggles are dropped, which is true for few other control powers. Drop an ice slick underfoot and incoming damage usually drops by a lot; mobs can't gang up on teammates when they're mostly confused, afraid, falling down, waiting for key powers to recharge, or crawling around at a snail's pace. 

For pylon testing that ATO proc does wonders in the T9 of Dark Assault.  It can triple stack, if my memory serves me right 

1 hour ago, Mezmera said:

Another technique I switched up with my character on this hard mode stuff is that I slotted out Mighty with the extra damage (love the animation) for Void with the -50% damage for all for 30s.  Ion is nice but you have to coordinate like 3 of them to wash out any real aggro in these fights. 

That -50% damage debuff in a large area is quite a great debuff on this and is very useful in boss fights too.  

I second this and I have been using void dmg debuff since the beginning on my Dark/Dark dom.  
Well said. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2021 at 5:01 PM, KaizenSoze said:

Given my vast Ice Control experience... I mean Ice Blast.. Oh well. Here's a thought.

I would suggest Savage Assault for the recharge and more importantly the endurance discount.

Here's an build that's purely food for thought. I avoid any power that eats blood stacks. So, you are running with 3-5 stacks during combat.

Reveal hidden contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Ice Control
Secondary Power Set: Savage Assault
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Block of Ice -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 1: Call Swarm -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 2: Maiming Slash -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(15)
Level 4: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dam%(15), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Rchg(17), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 6: Frostbite -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(19), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(21), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(21), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(23), GrvAnc-Hold%(23)
Level 8: Arctic Air -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(25), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(25), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(27), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(27), CrcPrs-Conf%(29)
Level 10: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29)
Level 14: Ice Slick -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Spot Prey -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Flash Freeze -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(31), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(31), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(33), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Unkindness -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(34), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(34), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 22: Stealth -- Rct-Def/EndRdx(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 26: Glacier -- SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(36), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(36), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(37)
Level 28: Blood Craze -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal(39), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 32: Jack Frost -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(43)
Level 35: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43), GldArm-End/Res(43)
Level 38: Feral Charge -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(45), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(45), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(45), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(46)
Level 41: Link Minds -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 44: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 1: Domination
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(7), Prv-Absorb%(7)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9), EndMod-I(9)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy
Level 10: Double Jump
------------

Circling back, I've played Ice / savage and it functions very well. The damage is quite good when melee attacks are taken. The teleport attack is very handy for bypassing ranged attacks to get close to mobs and get arctic air affecting them. The heal is very helpful for improving durability. It's one of the better picks for a melee range dom. 

The only peccadillos I ran across with savage are that I didn't love the animations and managing stacks to maximize the range of the PbAOE was a bit of a hassle. Those may not be issues for you, though, and so if you're interested in this combo then by all means give it a try.

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

• 2 weeks later

Elec/earth is pretty amazing. Conductive Aura saps endurance like crazy, you actually don't need to slot more than 2. Static Field is pulsing sleep, so, it's safe to get in melee and smash away. Its recharge isn't too bad, plus there's confuse chain ability, I love it more when slotted with purple confuse proc.