Server problem

Pyron 2.0

I have been playing fine for days but today all the sudden I lost connoection to map server and when I tried to log back in I can never make it past server selection.  It freezes and kicks me back to log in screen and says lost connection to DB server.  Even whenbit says light load I cant make it back on.  Doesnt even display my toon list.  Any help would be appreciated.

It's an ongoing issue with the host. The team running this is having a lot of very understandable trouble trying to keep things stable when there's SO many people trying to play at once.

Nothing on your end that can be done except be patient and keep trying to hop on. :)

yup, problem is somewhere between server selection and trying to enter the game. i have was stalled waiting for character select, and now im stalled on server select.

i suspect we put a lot of stress on the poor server, and a clockwork probably escaped to start unplugging things. best send a hero to do a door mission to save the server!

Havent had any pronlems like this until today. Cant even get my character list up.  Been like this for almost 6 hours.

Sounds like you've had some good timing. Every evening has been like this for me. Just the nature of the beast when dealing with limited resources, man power, and a popular title. We just have to keep calm and play when we can.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Havent had any pronlems like this until today. Cant even get my character list up.  Been like this for almost 6 hours.

They took the servers down at around 1:30pm UT to add a patch … it literally corrupted the code - they had to completely rebuild the game (although the database remained unaffected) … servers were down for about 5 hours and since coming back up they have been unstable … I suspect they will completely collapse any time now … it was a valiant effort but I do not think this team will be able to keep things going.  Sadly.  :(

so the severs are currently down at the moment correct? Any idea when they'll be back up?

Technically the servers are up … they are just under too much load … I'm in a Queue for Torchbearer, now at 89 of 1161 … have been in a queue for 30+ minutes …  I suspect servers are going to collapse completely in a short while though,

They had to cancel the Costume thing as the servers are no longer able to handle it.  Today's patch did some severe damage.

hmm im confused... i made an account and cant get passed incorrect password/username.  Made two accounts and still same thing... Im wondering if it has something to do with making new accounts because i cant get in at all

1,600+ people trying to log into Torch.  900+ on Ex.  Of course there's trouble! 

I am just glad to see so many people wanting to get back into the game.  I feel badly for the ones running it, but so happy they are willing to put up with the stress and fuss of it.  Please never think it is unappreciated!

I see stories posted of dads and daughters getting back into the game together.  Families reconnecting. 

Lucky as I am to be normally logging on when things are quiet, my weekday job is evenings, I would wait an hour and a half each day to log in if that is what it took.

If you do not face plant at least once a day; Go reset your Notoriety.

I am very happy to have it back but i cant wait hours to play.  I wake up daily at 5 am and dont get home until almost 5 pm. I drive over an hour each way and work construction.  I am dog tired when I get home.  I appreciate the hell out of what has happened but this que thing has never happened is coh.  I cant afford to wait around for 2 hours because that time better spent sleeping.  Thank you discord

and score for bringing us back home.

[eyeroll] Or... the team had no idea there would be such a high demand for the game and are doing everything they can within their resources to compensate.

Maybe instead of being all DOOOM! you could actually look at it from a more realistic and less hyperbolic standpoint.

They took the servers down at around 1:30pm UT to add a patch … it literally corrupted the code - they had to completely rebuild the game (although the database remained unaffected) … servers were down for about 5 hours and since coming back up they have been unstable … I suspect they will completely collapse any time now … it was a valiant effort but I do not think this team will be able to keep things going.  Sadly.  :(

These are just growing pains - remember Torchbearer is only a week old and Excelsior...a day old. The team is working on getting things resolved so that wait times are way more reasonable.

It will get better in the coming days/weeks :)

I am very happy to have it back but i cant wait hours to play.  I wake up daily at 5 am and dont get home until almost 5 pm. I drive over an hour each way and work construction.  I am dog tired when I get home.  I appreciate the hell out of what has happened but this que thing has never happened is coh.  I cant afford to wait around for 2 hours because that time better spent sleeping.  Thank you discord

and score for bringing us back home.

Trust me I will be here until the end again.  I will wait it out because this is home. I'm sorry if I sounded ungrateful.  I am very grateful.  This is everything I wanted.  I have a few old friends back, my online home and thw best community ever back.  Thank you score and discord.