Power customization with different models

plainguy

Some of this is going against Patron power pools.

Just using Nature Affinity for examples as I was just playing it and not targeting Nature Affinity specifically.

I would like the option to change power animation appearances.  

But I would like to see the following as examples.

Spirit Tree  or Triage Beacon instead of  Lifegiving Spores

Carrion Creepers instead of Soul Tentacles. 

Aid Other  and Aid Self come from a Targeting Drone or a Wisp or seeker drones, when cast they zoom in and explode with a heal.

Entangling Aura to have some wisp type or energy type appearance or even that from Conductive Aura from Electric control

Basically the ability to keep powers thematic or change the thematic appearance. 

The thought concept is for example I like Nature Affinity for what it does and provides but I want it to look different. Maybe more spooky or more villainous. Or my tech like.  

• Like 1

More power animation options are always good, but the engine may be a bit clunky for adding options...

Anyways, a couple I'd like to see:

Magic options for the tech pool animations (especially Aid Other).  Feels weird for a mage to pull out a big, black, beeping, green laser-emitting scanner to heal someone.

And the reverse, tech options for magic animations (like the Day Job's Heal other).  Again, feels weird for a robot to cast a healing spell on an ally.  Granted, the example here is a temp power, but still...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Akisan said:

Magic options for the tech pool animations (especially Aid Other).  Feels weird for a mage to pull out a big, black, beeping, green laser-emitting scanner to heal someone.

And the reverse, tech options for magic animations (like the Day Job's Heal other).  Again, feels weird for a robot to cast a healing spell on an ally.  Granted, the example here is a temp power, but still...

Even if they kept the same core animation, only replacing the gadget with a crystal, skull, book, etc.  I'd also love to be able to select the "energy morph" costume change emote for build-up or aim type powers.

19 hours ago, plainguy said:

using Nature Affinity for example

It'd be cool if you could use the "plant blaster" from corrosive enzymes for some blast attacks or other powers.

Assuming the timing could be made to match, imagine how awesome it would be to have the hawk from the same-named beast mastery power explode into a fireball or something, upon reaching the target!

• Like 1