Is it possible to make a Energy/Energy Blasting Farmer ???

smnolimits41

The question is should you? I think I would die from boredom if I ever had to play a En/en blaster built for farming. You can take a fraction of that currency and do a budget Fire Brute, which can pull off +4/x8 quite comfortably. I guess it depends on what you are farming for. I have a Fire brute and have used it to farm once in the past two months and that's only due to getting an item from a hero packs which increases drops for a time. I did five fully IOs builds with at least one being around a billion was simply funded via the market. If it is to PL characters on a second account, again, I would be so incredibly bored using a En/en blaster for farming.

FYI, if you have a character which can do DA missions at +4/x8 at a reasonable clip, then you have a character who can farm.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Not a lot of AOEs for an EN/EN blaster.  /EN is a great set, but is better for staying at range and/or dealing with single targets. It would take you a long time to get through a map because of that.

When I farm, I farm +4x8 with my Ice/Fire/Fire blaster (my namesake) - so many AOEs and control for damage mitigation. 

4 hours ago, smnolimits41 said:

I came across a billion credits and i'm wondering if i can build a Energy/Energy Blaster into a farmer.  I realize fire/fire probably would be better because of all the AoE.  Could someone please post a build, or point me in the right direction.

the answer is: yes.

nearly anything can farm.

farming can be more about the targets than the character (what are targets are weak against and their attacking with what you're strong against)

energy sets bonus is control (will do damage a bit slower that a set with +dam or -res)

that said, recharge increases could be leveraged to narrow the gap

my question is: Why?  you've got your billion, have some fun with it. there's a whole game to go knock around. 

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum