Peacemaker (HBO Max) Trailer

I've always heard Gunn was an actor's director, and it's nice to watch a character (and actor) evolve, even just over the course of a three minute trailer.

Also, would anyone at all except HBO have greenlit this?

What do you lot think?

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 1 month later

Well, I won't be seeing it here in the UK for a while as there's no local distro (Sky - evil Murdoch-spawned scumbuckets that they are - have exclusive rights to HBO, and don't let anything they don't want slide around), and WHAT IN THE NAME OF SWEET FREYA IN ASGARD DID I JUST WATCH

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

There's an EPK doing the rounds on Twitter about the making of the titles, in which Gunn said he wanted to "defeat the SKIP INTRO button". So that everyone would see the names of the people who worked hard on the show.

A noble cause indeed, but I'm not sure whether people are watching in appreciation, bewilderment or gibbering terror.

I was not prepared to give this show any slack at all. I didn't like Peacemaker in The Suicide Squad, and I never liked the modern ski-masked Adrian Chase Vigilante.

( I like the Golden Age version, and the DCAU character voiced by Nathan Fillion was a treat!)

I mean Alan freaking Moore wrote a comic featuring him, and I still wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Plus, the trailer made it look like they were trying for a Deadpool expy with Vig.

Then I saw the first 5 minutes of the first episode. Especially the opening credits music video.

OK, James Gunn, you are officially my hero now. It was hysterically funny. to the point where my dogs all came to me to see what was wrong with Daddy.

I won;t spoil anything more, but... If you were planning on skipping it?

Don't.

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

4 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

I was not prepared to give this show any slack at all. I didn't like Peacemaker in The Suicide Squad, and I never liked the modern ski-masked Adrian Chase Vigilante.

( I like the Golden Age version, and the DCAU character voiced by Nathan Fillion was a treat!)

I mean Alan freaking Moore wrote a comic featuring him, and I still wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Plus, the trailer made it look like they were trying for a Deadpool expy with Vig.

Then I saw the first 5 minutes of the first episode. Especially the opening credits music video.

OK, James Gunn, you are officially my hero now. It was hysterically funny. to the point where my dogs all came to me to see what was wrong with Daddy.

I won;t spoil anything more, but... If you were planning on skipping it?

Don't.

Great!!!!  I can't believe how much I am enjoying the show as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

Cena's Peacemaker feels like that overzealous w***er everyone has at work, who you know is fronting up because they're crumbling inside, and yet you couldn't can't muster up the empathy to reach out to because they just... keep... being... a...

...ahem.

And Gunn is playing that beautifully. It's not a million miles from Cena's WWE schtick (though, from local wrestling sources, I can confirm he is genuinely lovely off-stage, if a tiny bit gawky and awkward and worried he's going to break things.)

• 3 weeks later