Changing an Account name

LdyPirate

You can change the game account (once?) using an ingame (that I forget atm), but not the forum FWIA.

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I am not sure that's true, @WanderingAries.

I know it's possible to change your forum display name.

I know it's possible to change your Global Handle (once for free, and any future changes must be approved by a GM, with a good reason).

But I am fairly sure you can not change your game account name.  BUT that remains private, and the only person who can ever see it is you and Devs/GMs while troubleshooting support petitions.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

I am not sure that's true, @WanderingAries.

I know it's possible to change your forum display name.

I know it's possible to change your Global Handle (once for free, and any future changes must be approved by a GM, with a good reason).

But I am fairly sure you can not change your game account name.  BUT that remains private, and the only person who can ever see it is you and Devs/GMs while troubleshooting support petitions.

And this is where semantics comes in. I guess I was confusing Global Handle with the actual account name (maybe didn't know it was different?) and I wasn't sure about the forum name, hence the wording.

Maybe not reply when you're half out of it would be a new rule to self-enforce.  >.<

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Good-gravy, would I benefit from that kind of self-control!

Lemme know if you figure out some trick as to pulling it off, WAries!

For the record; a user's Global Handle will default to the first character they successfully log in as, regardless of their forum account name or game account name.  As such, Global Handles can containing spaces and special characters, unlike game account names.

53 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

For the record; a user's Global Handle will default to the first character they successfully log in as, regardless of their forum account name or game account name.  As such, Global Handles can containing spaces and special characters, unlike game account names.

And this is something I probably never noticed as I used a common (for me) gaming name on live which also happened to be my first character ingame, so that meant all three were identical and I never had to change it. The one I use now likely came about when I chose to separate the two.

56 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Good-gravy, would I benefit from that kind of self-control!

Lemme know if you figure out some trick as to pulling it off, WAries!

Besides needing a clear head and the ability to drill it into your subconscious (create a habit), it's all about repetition really. Then again, there are things that you truly never/always want to do that's seemingly hard coded into your psyche. IE: Kids not wanting to brush or that sweet tooth you never lose.