Where do you use Trip Mine?

Diantane

While solo Trip Mines are my mez protection.  I throw one down, some caltrops on top, and snipe.  If I get mezzed and the enemy tries to run up on me they tend to get blasted into the air.  Between that and my T1 and T2 attacks I can finish them off.

On teams I toe-bomb and they're good for that but not great.  Now that they're not interruptible you can set them to auto so I can go AFK and lay down a bunch of mines.  So if I'm about to face a difficult foe it's a great time to take care of a thing or two IRL while I stack mines.

• Like 1

If your team is taking a bit of time to prepare for a pull or major fight, putting down Trip Mines is a great way to wait around.

Rounding a corner or right near a doorway are great places to either take-advantage-of or create half-assed chokepoints. For major engagements however, try to coordinate with the tanks/pullers/whatever for the minestack location, to maximize the effect. There may be a particular place they'd like you to put them in.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:11 PM, Parabola said:

On the ground.

/em golfclap

My answer:stack them in doorways, gates, corners and other choke points. Pull mobs through, either by sniping, getting your meat shield to aggro them and herding (which also helps for other kill zones). You can also teleport lower-level mobs straight onto the pile. Plus as someone else has noted, if you get an ambush alert, leave a couple on the road to you and then just wait for the gratifying sound of someone being arrested* with C4.

*Well, not quite "arrest". Lless paperwork, more "paint over the top".

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:11 PM, Parabola said:

On the ground.

/em golfclap

My answer:stack them in doorways, gates, corners and other choke points. Pull mobs through, either by sniping, getting your meat shield to aggro them and herding (which also helps for other kill zones). You can also teleport lower-level mobs straight onto the pile. Plus as someone else has noted, if you get an ambush alert, leave a couple on the road to you and then just wait for the gratifying sound of someone being arrested* with C4.

*Well, not quite "arrest". Lless paperwork, more "paint over the top".

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.