Solo-Old-LRSF from ouro, is it harder then Regular LRSF ?

xeaon

I have tried this  a bit solo with my mind Dom, without being too serious into completing it.

It was more to kill time.

I haven't soloed LRSF in ages... so I'm very rusted.

it appeared harder then I remembered.

Best I was able to do is go up to mission 4 and kill all initial Heroes but one.

Then I was either not focused or ran out of luck (and had to log cuz of RL... damn you RL), I had some hard time soloing the last one standing.

it was either Mynx or Valk in my 2 attemps.

Last night we went 5 mind Dom and 1 illu Troll  on old-LRSF, just for the lolz.

Again, I was expecting will do better. took us 1h45 ish to complete.

at one point we were able to confuse Stateman, but not for long.

Maybe we need more mind Doms 🙂

Anyways, my question to you all, if anyone tried to solo old-LRSF vs new-LRSF, if you find one more difficult then the other?

I should try to solo both version again, and actually be more serious about my attempts this time around.

Old LRSF is harder, no doubt.

The final 8 were, well, 8, rather than 7. And Statesman is a much tougher foe than Penelope (who is the strongest of the new 7). And the old 8 floor at level 54, whereas the new 7 are level 53 unless you raise the reputation.

Yes, obviously there is Stateman, Sister on last mission... and Malaise on 4th.

but beside the obvious changes, I was thinking more about the little details...

as in , is it harder to solo the same AV/Hero   ...   regular version VS old version.

for instance, I noticed on the old version, on mission #3, they show as EB, if set to low diff. but will show as AV/Heroes on regular version regardless of diff settings.

(I will have to test this again).

I think my whole wondering, also come from the fact, I'm super rusty and forgot how to play my mind dom, oups (how could I... shame on me... *shake fist*).

I was able to wrap up a solo regular (new) LRSF last night.

Took forever, dies a ton... and really I realized I had forgot a lot.

For instance, I struggled to defeat Penny on last mission, after she killed everyone else.

Only to realize it was possible for me to perma mez her and not get hit a single time (or almost).

I Will give a go to the old-LRSF again, now that I re-familiarize myself with my mind dom.

But also, I was curious, to see who else is screwing around soloing LRSF, and where they struggled, which parts is harder for them.

I know there is a few ppl around...

Either it was just me being dumb and rusted, but seems to me, I spent more time on mission #3 last night, then on #4 and #5.

Or maybe the combo of those 4 AV's make it difficult, Numina casting CM, they spot me from time to time (even if I have some level of stealth), etc.

+the occasional "only affect self".

It appears I was able to answer my question by myself, more or less

Regular version (from GV) when set at -1 (low diff)

• Mission 1: Agent Crimson, lvl50 Hero (AV level)
  • Mission 2: Kronos (Monster no level) + The Slinger lvl 50 Hero(AV Level)
  • Mission 3: all 4 Heroes are lvl50 (Hero/AV level)
  • Mission 4: all Heroes are lvl51 (Hero/AV level)
  • Mission 5: all Heroes are lvl53 (Hero/AV level)

Old version from Ouro, when set at -1 (low diff)

• Mission 1: Agent Crimson: only EB
  • Mission 2: Kronos (EB) + The Slinger (EB)
  • Mission 3: all 4 Heroes are EBs
  • Mission 4: all Heroes are lvl54 (Hero/AV level)
  • Mission 5: all Heroes are lvl54 (Hero/AV level)

I was able to get to Miss Liberty solo, and it took me all got. then I cant got further (yet), she beat the hell out of me.

Anyone else tried it ?

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

Interesting! The EB thing must be an oversight. They definitely didn't downgrade from AV back in the day, even if you were solo.

If you choose "old school challenge" as your difficulty setting (which is necessary for the new badge) I believe the EBs all become AVs as they were in the olden days. Without that setting, the old SF has some newer game mechanics applied to it (I think).

<EDIT: Looks like the main effect of the "old school challenge" setting is disabling incarnate powers and enhancement set bonuses. I've made a few incomplete solo attempts, but I don't actually have a clear recollection or any specific notes about the EB/Hero conversions during those attempts compared to the team runs that I have done.>

=:Psibug

Edited by PsiBug
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, PsiBug said:

If you choose "old school challenge" as your difficulty setting (which is necessary for the new badge) I believe the EBs all become AVs as they were in the olden days. Without that setting, the old SF has some newer game mechanics applied to it (I think).

=:Psibug

Not the case. 
When I chose Old School Challenge, Manti, Sister Psyche were EB's. The Vindicators in the next mission were "hero" rank, tho. 
No idea what it was in live before the change. 

• Like 1