Doc Strange's MoM Has A Tease

So:

• I'm not sure which is inspired by which, but the What If... reality disintegration FX are mirrored here.
  • The "never meant for any of this to happen" line - is that Strange Prime or Ultimate/What If Strange speaking?
  • Wanda immediately thinks Doc is here to take her in for the Westview incident and is surprised by the change in tack.
  • Slightly more literal, Green Lantern type spell FX on show (buzzsaw? bus-saw? take your pick)
  • Very brief glimpse of America Chavez
  • Mordo being smarmy again. But for once, he may have a point.

Whaddya think?

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

I've not seen the new Spider-man film yet (hope to on my days off next week), so pardon if I don't say something in alignment with what happened in it.

So happy What If...? is not some sideline project but will be integral to the live MCU.

Glad Mordo is back.  Chiwetel Ejiofor is a great actor, so I'm hoping the writers are up to the challenge.

Wondering what a certain obsessed, solitary  What If...? person  will do if MCUniverse Christine is spotted.

Where exactly is Wanda?  That's not the area where we left her.

Two words: Double Dragon  (again tying to the What If...? series)

One might think a one-eyed tentacle beastie is Shuma-Gorath.  Yes, one might be wrong:  (spoilers)

Spoiler

image.png.5d4fa339cd6e6bb68fffb6a66acd598e.png

On 12/23/2021 at 2:21 AM, Techwright said:

I've not seen the new Spider-man film yet (hope to on my days off next week), so pardon if I don't say something in alignment with what happened in it.

Glad Mordo is back.  Chiwetel Ejiofor is a great actor, so I'm hoping the writers are up to the challenge.

Main writer was first-timer Jade Halley Bartlett, followed by extensive rewrite by Michael Waldron (head writer and EP on Loki). People will have views on whether that's good or bad, but Gryffindor Grumblecrotch and others have said it's been a much more collaborative process with the actors and director than the other Marvel movies. That was evident on Loki and is kind of a Raimi hallmark as well.

They are also going for an actual horror vibe: Raimi kinda has the chops for that. Also not known for happy endings, so this might not resolve itself in one flick.

Mordo did feel a little underused in the tail end of the Strange movie, fabulously smarmy-evil post-credits aside. I hope he's got more to do this time around, but it's a very busy movie already with Wanda and America Chavez thrown in the mix.

Just for once, not going to speculate on who the Big Bad is - they're teasing Ultimate Strange, Wanda, Mordo, and even Strange himself. They could also be hiding Kang. but given there's the possibility of mirror universe/alternate universe/illusory versions of anyone showing up (including Wong - maybe even Bruce,Tasha, Cap or Tony), all bets are off.

And not knowing what the heck actually could happen feels good. Been a long damn time.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 3 weeks later

Stolen from Twitter: who would you choose?

Me:

• Agatha (also makes sense, as Wanda said she'd keep her around if needed)
  • Captain Carter (because Peggy - and also a fantastic surprise reveal for anyone who's not seen What If)
  • Too many choices for slot 3, but Loki/Sophie, Deadpool, Wolvie, or the rumoured Tom Cruise variant Iron Man would all be fun.

ds2.jpeg

We're presuming all of these would be alternate universes, yes?  Adding a surprise cameo of Snipes in his Blade role would whet the appetite of the audience for the upcoming Blade reboot, though I'd love to see him as say a Rhodey/War Machine variant.

I'd very much like to see Quake, and with her, a tie back into the MCU via an alternate universe acknowledgement for Agents of SHIELD

A brief Jackman appearance as Wolverine makes sense as it would finally, formally establish the X-men as part of the MCU, even if Jackman's version is another universe and not the final MCU one. 

But I really think the Captain Carter one should be brought to live action, and if I heard correctly,  Hailey thinks so as well.

Deadpool, for the same reason as given for Quake and Wolverine

Chris Evans as Johnny Storm for the same reason as Snipes with Blade.  And it would give Chris a bit of fun tapping into his old role.

Strictly of those pictured, I'd personally pick:

1. Captain Carter

2. MCU Quicksilver (Aaron) - having an alternate of Wanda's dead (and true) brother might really mess with her mind in the show.  And it would give Aaron a chance to play the character again, hopefully with some corrections to bring it more in line with the Fox version.

3. Fox Quicksilver (Evan) - why two Quicksilvers?  Wouldn't you want to see them team up?

Hayley very much up for playing Super Peg. She was working on MI:7 at the time: but both were filmed largely in the UK (MI:7 at Leavesden, MoM at Longcross, and both at assorted stand-in-for-anywhere-else locations across the country). Since both had multiple COVID shutdowns, it's quite possible for actors to shuttle from one to the other. But there were also several weeks of additional principal photography in December last year - so not reshoots, stuff that couldn't be shot previously - including two weeks "due to actor availability issues".

One other slightly spoilery note I found while looking this stuff up...

Spoiler

...while they're not on the official cast list yet, a UK local paper spotted Julian Hillard and Jett Klyne - Wanda's kids Billy and Tommy - on set on a cider farm, which could be made to look a lot like that orchard from the trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1