No sound on other windows profile

grim shaddo

I installed Tequila/CoH on my Windows 10 machine and played CoH fine for a long time. When my hubby logs on to the machine with his windows profile, the game works except there is no sound. I've checked and on my login it is still fine. Any ideas? Do I have to reinstall under his profile? I've done all the normal things regarding sound issues:

• Check in game audio settings
  • Select correct audio out device (only one)
  • Reset audio settings for individual apps

Unfortunately I also upgraded to Windows 11 thinking that might reset things, but it didn't help and now I have Windows 11 😞 

2021-12-30 11_37_13-City of Heroes.png

2021-12-30 11_38_04-City of Heroes.png

2021-12-30 11_38_39-Settings.png

Currently @grim shaddo, formerly Grim Lolita. Excelsior!

Seems to indicate it may be a setting in his Account Settings that is the culprit. I would compare the 2 Accounts and see if there is a setting that is different.

Since you are on a Windows 10 machine, this may be a good time to upgrade to the Homecoming Launcher which is fully supported and updated here. One of these days I suspect that updates for Tequila/Island Rum will stop, since HC Launcher is Homecoming's own creation. Not saying that Tequila is part of the problem you are having, but it is a better app.

• Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Upgrading to Homecoming Launcher was a good call! While it didn't fix the issue directly, I was able to navigate the settings files and manually update the audio lines in  C:\Games\Homecoming\settings\live\client.json. They were set to zero and wouldn't move based on the game settings. When I set them to 1 it finally started accepting the game settings and saving them correctly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently @grim shaddo, formerly Grim Lolita. Excelsior!

If it's not obvious, I'd suggest making sure you're not signed into both accounts at the same time on the off chance that's tying up the audio drivers or something.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)