Character log in screen - Incarnates

Techwright

Just a thought:  On the character login screen, might we get a listing/icons showing which Incarnate slots have been unlocked on a level 50 character?

Maybe place small, recognizable icons or letters (A, J, I, L, D, H) next to the "X days offline".  (See image for one mock up example.)

I suggest this because when a call goes out saying "Recruiting...must have Incarnate slot X unlocked"  I'd rather not fumble around logging in and out among dozens of level 50 characters looking for one I want to work on who also has that slot unlocked.

image.png.950bb1404749fbb6be7849b343eaa0b4.png

• Like 1

I don't know that I'd go for it, personally, but frankly the entire character select screen needs a good working over. Sorting, filtering, customizing what information is displayed.

Having this as part of a new set of filters ("DIsplay level range," "Display Incarnates/Incarnate level," (though I don't know if it could accurately do that - maybe, maybe not, depends on what it can look at,) filter by SG, custom filters - there's a lot that could be done with the screen. Having this as part of it? Sure.

There have been a lot of suggestions on what to do to that screen to make it more useful. I'd love it if we could see at least *some* of them implemented.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

If there is to be a display of incarnate status in the character list, I would prefer to have something like a row of boxes with the header "A J I L D H", and the box in each column having a green background if the character has unlocked the slot, and a number in the box giving the tier of the boost equipped in that slot. If you wanted some additional chrome, make the background for the Alpha, Lore and Destiny different if there is a tier-3 or tier-4 boost equipped in those slots, so you'd be able to see at a glance which characters were at +1/+2/+3.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/3/2022 at 12:08 PM, srmalloy said:

If there is to be a display of incarnate status in the character list, I would prefer to have something like a row of boxes with the header "A J I L D H", and the box in each column having a green background if the character has unlocked the slot, and a number in the box giving the tier of the boost equipped in that slot. If you wanted some additional chrome, make the background for the Alpha, Lore and Destiny different if there is a tier-3 or tier-4 boost equipped in those slots, so you'd be able to see at a glance which characters were at +1/+2/+3.

That works.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's been a general call for a full info panel with the login screen for a while. Not sure if it's just low priority or too difficult.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com