Modular Auras

Playing with auras is always a fun way of putting the finishing touches on a costume, but sometimes it can feel a bit limiting when you're trying to get that ideal look.

One thing most people will notice is that auras can be further customised by selecting a dropdown menu of body options to choose where the aura applies, but why not go a step further and make auras fully modular? Instead of having a single aura slot, perhaps we could make it so each part of your body has it's own dedicated aura customisation? I know theres some work being done to overhaul character creation, as we've seen with asymmetrical parts and changes to back slot items, so I'm hoping something like this might at least be feasible.

So... what might this look like? Your head, torso and legs would have new costume slots dedicated to auras; your head would have options for hair and eye options, your torso would have chest, left arm and right arm options, and your legs would have left and right leg options. This means not only can you choose the specific parts of your body have auras, but you will also be able to change colors and styles individually too.

As for the old aura slot, it will still be available for those unique auras that aren't just a full body version of those above, as well as the place to customise your movement aura as before.

• Thumbs Up 4

I suspect it's probably one of those 'technically doable but more work than it sounds like, maybe eventually' sort of things.

• Thumbs Up 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

43 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Here it is.  Number Six was talking about it.  If the project is still in the works,  you might convince him to add this.

Ahh, so this has been experimented with before, good to know!

Hopefully we might see something come of it.