Mid's, Pine's and live do not agree - Mid's Resist values under reporting?

SwitchFade

I have been reluctant to DL Mid's for some time, simply because Pine's worked so well and there were not changes to the AT's I played. Upon deciding I would try the new teleport travel pool on a kin defender and creating an earth blaster, I decided to take the plunge. Unfortunately, there are some issues I am already seeing...

I am able to open saved files from Pines. I opened several and noticed some disparities, where Pine's and Live agree, but Mid's data is incorrect, specifically, with resistance. PVE mode, no special circumstances checked in "Math" all variable identical in pine's and mid's... And I just downloaded in the last hour, the newest version directly from the link on the site from the link on the forums...

lvl 50+ Inv/SS Tanker

live - S/L resistance: 112.95%

Pine's - S/L resistance: 112.95%

Mid's - S/L resistance: 102.94%

A whopping 10% difference, which rules out any single power or source, as none match that 10% number

I inspected further using combat attributes,

Unyielding

Live - 8.59%: S/L resistance

Pine's - 8.59%: S/L resistance

Mid's - 7.88% S/L resistance

Tough

Live - 18%: S/L resistance

Pine's - 18%: S/L resistance

Mid's - 15% S/L resistance

Temp Invuln

Live - 51.55%: S/L resistance

Pine's - 51.55%: S/L resistance

Mid's - 47.26% S/L resistance

RPD

Live - 13.31%%: S/L resistance

Pine's - 13.31%%: S/L resistance

Mid's - 11.31%% S/L resistance

Fire, cold Energy and negative energy resists are all 3% too low in Mid's also. So, it appears Mid's values for resistance on an invuln tanker on the enhanced powers themselves, is inaccurate. The above disparities add up to the missing 10%, not any set values or bonuses.

Inspecting the enhanced values for Unyielding as a test case,

Live

S/L base value 5%

Enhanced value 8.59% (71.8%)<-- this is the enhanced % reported on live

Pine's

S/L base value 5%

Enhanced value 8.59% (71.5%)<-- this is the enhanced % reported in Pines, it is off by 0.3% vs live

Mid's

S/L base value 5%

Enhanced value 7.88% (57.52%)<-- this is the enhanced % reported on live, it is off by 13.98%

Resistances, in this case, as reported on live and Pine's, show that Mid's may be using the wrong enhancement schedule value, thus under reporting the true resistance values: 57.52 vs 71.8.

I have only inspected Tanker -- Invulnerability -- however, this may be occuring on other AT's and powers that are resistance based.

I need help from the community in checking if Mid's is using the wrong schedule value for resistance-based powers on other AT's and powers.

Hello

Well, how to tell you... Pine's has been frozen in time since, huh... 2015 maybe ? (I was on it...)
Don't use it anymore, you have no idea how many patches have been done since then. Much more than one major version difference.

Please provide the builds you're testing this with, i don't think it's the unenhanced values.

If you land on other oddities the best place to drop them is the github issue tracker or Mids' discord.

Thank you

Edited by Zed
  • Thumbs Up 1

A bit of information regarding where Mids is and where it came from 🙂 . "Pines" is Mids with the name changed, it is also outdated as Pine no longer develops Mids. There also isn't a "Live" version and hasn't been since 2012, since the shutdown of Live servers.
Mids' Reborn is also Mids rebranded, the project itself was taken over by myself along with a few others from Mids and Titan Network.

With that out of the way, it may depend on which version of Mids Reborn you are using and where you got it from. Mids Reborn's values are direct from HC's source values, the attribute modifiers, magnitudes, and scales all line up with HC. If you see a discrepancy then please report it via the proper medium as listed in the Main post.

Thanks

Edited by crytilis

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

The version, as I mentioned, is the most current version available on the mids site, from the link on the forums. I posted everything there, this is direct info from live, mids and pines. Pines correlates directly to live, the values match. Mids is off by the listed amount; I was thorough in detailing the apparent issue, that the enhanced values may be following the wrong schedule. Mids is showing resist enhanced by a value lower than live, as I stated, on an invuln tanker.

I done use discord or GitHub, sorry. 

Edited by SwitchFade

Judging by the enhancement values you've provided I'm guessing this character is using a cardiac or resilient alpha, which as of v3.1.2.5 db21.1215 is not adding damage resist values from alphas. I'm just guessing because you still haven't posted the build.

edit: ...which can be fixed with a database update found on the mids discord

Edited by Fingernailgun

On 1/22/2022 at 4:31 PM, Fingernailgun said:

Judging by the enhancement values you've provided I'm guessing this character is using a cardiac or resilient alpha, which as of v3.1.2.5 db21.1215 is not adding damage resist values from alphas. I'm just guessing because you still haven't posted the build.

edit: ...which can be fixed with a database update found on the mids discord

Resist in mids are using the wrong schedule, which is causing the discrepancy. The values posted are with no incarnates. It's pretty detailed as I explained it and simple to verify, if you look at the enhancement schedule live vs mids, it's clear that live is different.

• 2 weeks later

It's impossible for it to be an enhancement schedule problem as you're reporting tough at 15% s/l resistance on a tanker in mids, but 18% in-game. 15% is unenhanced. 18% would be likely if it remains unenhanced but you have either cardiac t4, or resilient radial equipped. This discrepancy is likely considering mids is incorrectly handling defense and resist buffs from alphas unless you update the database manually. As I said before, it would be easier to confirm or deny all of this if you would simply post the build that is causing you problems, as I cannot replicate what you're describing on any character or build outside of the previously mentioned alpha bug.

Edited by Fingernailgun