Question on some procs with Rain of Fire

Thrythlind

A friend has suggested using Annihilations -Res on Rain of Fire, but I'm also wondering about how Ragnarok's Chance for Knockdown would work.

Would the knockdown chance only trigger once, or would it function like a less reliable earthquake and trigger several times over the course of the duration?

Our team has an Earth Troller as our leader, but more knockdown isn't a bad thing.

From way back in the day:

Procs checks against every target affected by the power once per 10 seconds per individual activation. For instantaneous effects like Fireball and Fire Blast, this means it checks just once. For longer term effects, like Rain of Fire and every toggle in the game, this means that it will check once every 10 seconds. Because Rain of Fire lasts 15 seconds, it will check once upon the first tick and again on the first tick after 10 seconds is up.

Ragnarok Knockdown question - City of Heroes Forums (cityofplayers.com)

Assuming icestorm acts the same as rain of fire, I would say its not worth the slot.

I did some running around seeing what icestorm with no recharge and just a acc/dam and acc/dam/end +4 procs would do.

I'm guessing maybe 10-15% chance of a proc firing on initial cast.

Very disappointed with even the ragnarok's performance, though I think this purple doesn't have the 4ppm which other purple procs do.

Have to play with Overwhelming Force: Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown.

Its supposedly a 20% chance, which has to be better odds

• Like 1

Correct, it does not work as awesome as you might think in the rain powers.  Once in a while, it does it proc on initial casting and occasionally it will proc after about 10s.  I never see more than 1 or 2 of the mobs fall down.  

It is definitely better to slot in Fireball.

On a side note... I also tried the proc in Caltrops.  It works better there since the power is auto-hit and lasts 45s.  It more targets to KD when it procs and I can usually get a few to fall down again on subsequent procs.  Because my Caltrops recharge in 10s, I can overlap them and increase the chances.  I LOVE my Caltrops-of-Tripping!  😄