It Happened HOW MANY Times?

Aurora_Girl

As usual, BSOD's weekly themed ITF (last night, it was all sub-40s only) birthed some interesting ideas, but one really stood out:

Personal Defeat Counter!

We can already track overall team defeats on a Task/Strike Force, but what about tracking our own individually?

Granted, I 100% understand how some folks definitely don't want to be reminded of how many times their godawful build or just absolutely dogshit playstyle (looking in the mirror here tbh) bought them floor-front real estate over the course of a TF. 

Make it a selectable option on the TF starting screen!

We had 64 total faceplants on our determined 5-man level 35 team, but we got it done, damnit. I for one would love to know specifically how awesome my TA/A defender was in staying alive as compared to the "damage mitigation"-based tank, who got me lots of progress toward my first healing badge via my trusty temp power Rez. 

Obviously, our group would openly share the details, and most wouldn't, but it would be a fun little flavor option I think, given its ability to be added of course. 

Sure, you can also keep track on a Post-It, but that's tedious and who honestly has time in the midst of a three-spawn arches pull?

Edited by Aurora_Girl
Typos. Need coffee.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Well... there is a limit of 120 inspirations at any one time, and recharge times on rezes from powers, so it's not incredibly likely that the servers would encounter a stack overflow from counting your defeats...

❤️

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

57 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

/signed.

Especially because I have no idea how often my poor SS/WP brute, Bunny Fufu, faceplanted on that run.

Side note: Ok, ok, I'll take rage. We really needed the extra damage.

Yeeeeeeah I wasn't gonna call you out on that specifically but I appreciate the humility. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

53 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Well... there is a limit of 120 inspirations at any one time, and recharge times on rezes from powers, so it's not incredibly likely that the servers would encounter a stack overflow from counting your defeats...

❤️

Honestly though I don't die nearly as much as I used to. I don't know if I like that or not. 

7 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Honestly though I don't die nearly as much as I used to. I don't know if I like that or not. 

Oh, don't worry about it.  In a few more years, your reflexes will start to fade, along with your eyesight, and your memory.  You'll forget what you were doing, won't be able to see anyway and by the time you remember and realize what that blob on the screen is supposed to be, you'll be hugging the ground like it's your best friend, just like the old days.

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.