New keyword request for target_custom_near and etc.

Andreah

I'd really like to be able to select the nearest actual player, even if they're not my teammate.

These slash commands use these keywords (from the unofficial wiki):

spacer.png

I'd like to exclude all pets, not just my pets, so a keyword like "notpet" would be great.

While we're at it (if we're at it), being able to limit players to "leaguemate" as well as "teammate" would be nice. 

The whole /target... hierarchy could use a refresh. I'd suggest deprecating the fixed target commands (not removing, just demoting) and adding the three keywords you suggest to the custom ones. Maybe alias them to /target_next, _prev and _near as well.

Other than the (apparently useless but sometimes needed base/notbase pair, those three additions would cover everything I can think of for targeting.

(I'll ignore the typoes. Sigh.)

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I'd be all about adding these ones:

I'd be against that, for a lot of reasons. I know being able to target the bosses is a fun, kewl idea, but I think this crosses the line into automating part of the game that really needs to remain in wetware.

But completing the set of basic search options is,.. overdue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com