Ridiculous Immersion idea: what do you think?

Sanguine Anemia

Create a real Instagram for your character to use ICly. Obviously this is for the character's that would actually do that sort of thing.

Use in game screenshots, post about fighting crime or going to Pocket D. I think it would be really funny but definitely over the top.

Anyone try this? Would this violate any ToS?

I'd love to see a whole series of hero/villain SM accounts that we could reference in game.

It’s not that ridiculous an idea at all.  Back on Union we had things like Chaos Bunny’s ‘Kapow!’ IC magazine and ‘Nightsparrow’s Scrapbook’.  Stuff like that was alway great to read, with lots of visuals and did a great job of highlighting what was going on in the community.  An IC instagram account just seems a natural extension of this.  Hell if my old pal Romanov was still on the scene I imagine it’s the sort of thing he would of ser up for his celebrity super heroine Miss Teen.

As for ToS I can’t see why it would be an issue with Homecoming and on instagram people have accounts for pets and stuff (My missus set one up for our pug.  Please don’t ask!) so it shouldnt be a problem there either.

Nope, not ridiculous at all.

Dynamistress has had a Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for a long time (though not a frequent poster to any of them). Then there's her website and blog.

I've been in deep immersion for longer than I'd like to admit.

"Face the impossible... and make it your bitch."

~ Dynamistress

www.dynamistress.com

Anyone have tips on juggling multiple Insta accounts? I already have one for personal use (because the app came with my phone and I figured 'why not', plus it's nice to share the occasional photo somewhere that isn't Facebook or something), but I feel like some of my characters, especially DJ Chronos and Girl Gadgeteer, would definitely do this, so I'd like to actually set something like that up.

Only ish I might see with this idea, and actually think its a great one in concept, is that I have found a number in game that like myself are treating it as 2012 still. Was instagram and snapchat etc even a ting 7 years ago?

I know some are doing the refugee thing and calling it 2019 etc but really cant say I feel that at all.

fortunately Ol Berk is an immortal time traveler so the whole timey whimey your today is my ysterday my tomorrow is your last week thing helps make sense of the lack of sense.

I like it.  I'd done something similar for tabby's origin story in Champions (she kept a fictional 'netjournal'  ) but in this iteration, she's keeping a much more subdued social media presence and lower profile in general. but I've got another character fresh in Paragon City from China and she'd be perfect for this kind of sharing.

Back when formspring was a thing, I remember a lot of us had IC formsprings. It was a lot of fun and made things easier to make new connections for your characters when you couldn't be in-game. I'm not sure I'd be game for an instagram (can't even keep my personal one up to date and don't want to fiddle around with pictures to post), but I wouldn't be opposed to an IC twitter.

grad2.png.a1378650bb36aa777bf1b461bb4488ea.png

Back when formspring was a thing, I remember a lot of us had IC formsprings. It was a lot of fun and made things easier to make new connections for your characters when you couldn't be in-game. I'm not sure I'd be game for an instagram (can't even keep my personal one up to date and don't want to fiddle around with pictures to post), but I wouldn't be opposed to an IC twitter.

Ooh... an IC twitter could be really fun.