Ice APP Versus Fire APP

oedipus_tex

I think I know the answer to this for general builds, but I am not 100% sure.

I am wondering if someone has actually mathed out Sleet and Ice Storm from the Ice APP versus Fireball and Rain of Fire from the Fire APP. I have a feeling Ice is generally superior, not the least of which because Sleet also increases teammate damage.

However, Fiery Assault can raise its Fire Damage by 85% for 30 seconds, and more or less perma this. Does the big damage bonus from Fiery Assault, which would provide you 85% stronger Fireballs and RoFs allow the Fire APP to catch up or exceed Ice? 

In total fairness to this comparison, we may also need to consider Melt Armor. (Does anyone actually take Melt Armor?)

Edited by oedipus_tex

You also have Melt Armor, which is not as good as sleet, but does -res that can be stacked with a res proc

Sleet is 90 rec

Ice storm 120 rec

Fireball 32

Rain of Fire 60

You can effectively have a permanent rain of fire with enough recharge; as well as being able to spam fireball. 

Sleet might help more while teaming or for AVs, but having the AoEs up more often per mob would be a faster clear time

Sleet will be much more beneficial for teaming given its large area (vs. Melt Armor) and uptime.  You basically become a Sleet-caster on teams, but hey that's why it's a team. 

Basically the blasters and other AOE will clear the trash, so having Sleet in the arsenal for tougher mobs / AVs etc is generally a good thing.  But do what you like.

All of the epics are real diverse and versatile on their own.  I see Ice as a limited one trick pony though.  It does offer a good -resistance for your team to make use of at a good recharge but you can do that with some of the other epics while also getting some other attractive powers. 

Ice has one great power and the shield.  If your secondary is Fire you almost HAVE to go with the Fire APP for how Embrace of Fire interacts with Fireball plus then there's the shield and Melt Armor.  Or there's other powers in the epics where you can drop a pvp -res proc into the long recharging pbaoe for near the same effect as Sleet along with being able to take other real attractive powers.  

Edited by Mezmera

Depending on preference, I prefer Ice. Hoarfrost give about 500hps more and down for 20 seconds with enough recharge. Select and ice storm are easy to 3 slot and still be very useful. 

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

fire is a false prophet, ice is the one true saviour 🙏 

“For the Lord looks down upon his Dominator brethren and bestows them with defender strength Sleet. 🌨️ The disciples look up to see the clouds above clearing, 🌤️ 

a calm but sure voice echoes down; “i grant thee the use of this most righteous mastery, it is meet and right to follow in the footsteps of the chosen ones who came before you. 🙌 

Do not be led astray by mastery powers who tempt you with choices that won’t bless your community with a location based AoE debuff that smites those who wrong you with -30% res and -30% def like sleet will. 🥶 

Nay, nor shall you listen to those who falsely promise you glory through -res procs alone. Only the light that shines from sleet can illuminate the path to your success. 🌅

This is the word of the Lord.

Amen”

Dominator 15:4

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

And don't be led astray by TV evangelists purporting to be doing gods work when they are just taking your money and buying a new Cadillac.  

Why sprinkle a little moisture on your enemies when they can just put on a jacket to shrug off your cute ability?  Would it not be better to be able to peer into your enemies very soul and take it for your own?  

Why be hamstrung to a gimp powerset beyond this one cute toy when you can take a power that will replenish all of your endurance, do good damage to enemies in your midst, and also be able to add a -20% res debuff, all in one power.  Then you can also make use of another power that lets you smite your enemies by drawing out their very souls to power your damage +100% fold, which also increases your ability to hit everything by 35%, and also does yet more nice damage around you.

With no souls your enemies will feel no warmth in their bodies.  Providing enemies with Ice just allows them to make Margaritas.  

Gazuntite"

True Dominator 1:0

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mezmera said:

And don't be led astray by TV evangelists purporting to be doing gods work when they are just taking your money and buying a new Cadillac.  

Why sprinkle a little moisture on your enemies when they can just put on a jacket to shrug off your cute ability?  Would it not be better to be able to peer into your enemies very soul and take it for your own?  

Why be hamstrung to a gimp powerset beyond this one cute toy when you can take a power that will replenish all of your endurance, do good damage to enemies in your midst, and also be able to add a -20% res debuff, all in one power.  Then you can also make use of another power that lets you smite your enemies by drawing out their very souls to power your damage +100% fold, which also increases your ability to hit everything by 35%, and also does yet more nice damage around you.

With no souls your enemies will feel no warmth in their bodies.  Providing enemies with Ice just allows them to make Margaritas.  

Gazuntite"

True Dominator 1:0

image.png.6008cb6c990390275c32345a1ec94ccf.png

don't make me press it!

• Like 1