Anyone have an Ancient Egyptian style base?

Sin_Stalker

I have a two page flashback in the CoH comic I am making. The scene takes place in ancient Egypt. I need a set to take screen shots with. Instead of building the entire set for such a short scene, I was hoping someone may already have an SG base that looks like ancience egypt. Pyramids, tents about, a palace (inside the pyramid or not) and a throne room. Those sort of things. 

If anyone has a base like this, could you share the base codes and let me take some screen shots in it? 

Man, if we could import old bases (and if I had a demorecord of it,) I'd have something useful... I should rebuild, but it'd be more mesoamerican, I think.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 4 weeks later
On 2/9/2022 at 8:45 PM, Giovanni Valia said:

There's one on Everlasting shard I think that has a pyramid you can check out. It's been awhile, so I'm not certain if this code is good still.

YOUNGGODS-5822

That is a beautiful base. But not what I am looking for. Thank you, though.

• Like 1

Not sure if you could pull that off convincingly.  Certainly, we have some nice obelisks you could use.  And you could stack blocks to make Aztec-style ziggurats.  Actual Egyptian tetrahedron shaped pyramids are a different matter.

Hieroglyphics and color schemes (limestone, sandstone, lapis, gold, etc.) are the keys to really making it have that Egyptian feel that everyone thinks of when you say Egyptian.  And I don't know that we have any way to make compelling sand dunes- or tents that don't look like something from a modern circus.

Creative base builders continue to surprise me, though, so we'll see what people come up with.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 7:49 AM, Cancrusher said:

Not sure if you could pull that off convincingly.  Certainly, we have some nice obelisks you could use.  And you could stack blocks to make Aztec-style ziggurats.  Actual Egyptian tetrahedron shaped pyramids are a different matter.

Hieroglyphics and color schemes (limestone, sandstone, lapis, gold, etc.) are the keys to really making it have that Egyptian feel that everyone thinks of when you say Egyptian.  And I don't know that we have any way to make compelling sand dunes- or tents that don't look like something from a modern circus.

Creative base builders continue to surprise me, though, so we'll see what people come up with.

It doesn't have to be the tetrahedron shape. A block-step pyramid is actually preferred cause of the early Egyptian dynasty era I am going with.

Hieroglyphics are the big issue right now. Not sure how I can do it. I may need to photoshop them in after the images are taken but not sure how I'd do that yet.

I am not sure I need sand dunes either. The climate may have been a bit more green then. I should probably look that up more. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If the wall is generally quite flat, you can make hieroglyphics with SG Tile 3 (I think that's what it's called) by rotating them on their side and very slightly sinking them into the wall while in No Grid. Just change the sg logo to the ones you think look good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sakai said:

This is why it popped into my mind to try and make a sarcophagus tonight. Thank you for that...having fun. 

Please share your result. I have two frames in my comic that has a sarcophagus. I have something but I am not happy with it. 

• 2 months later

Wanted to add that I found hieroglyphics in the game, just incase anyone else searches for it and finds this thread. 

Under Cityscape there is "Giza Obelisk". The majority of it is covered in Egyptian looking hieroglyphics. I sunk it under the floor, tilted it at about a 1 degree angle and placed it in the wall.

Also found if you use the "Carved Stone Table" on its side and the "Book Podium" tiled so you can only see the top, it works pretty well.screenshot_220602-05-04-07.thumb.jpg.e1a06f2b83e2e9dc90d18d6cdc4a37cb.jpg 

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 2