Savage/EA(energy-aura) vs Savage/Rad

brasilgringo

Seen a few comments on here about Savage/EA being the best Savage combo on a brute - any builds to share to help explain why?  I haven't played EA since live but I don't remember it having a taunt aura, and I remember it being largely a def-based set.

I see the arguments for Resist sets on brutes, and when I think of /Rad I see potential for capped resists with Meltdown plus extra PBAOE goodness with proc'd RadTherapy and Ground Zero.

Curious if anyone can share illustrative builds?  Is Hemmorage really skipped?  I don't know much about the Brute ATOs so slotting tips also appreciated.

Thx.

Edited by brasilgringo

I can't comment on Savage, but both armor sets are very good but play differently. EA is a defense set with a heal. It has some damage resistance but not the scaling damage resistance SR gets. Pretty easy to soft cap defense to all damage types except psi. EA's taunt aura is on Entropic Aura.

Rad is a resistance set with +absorb, +regen and a targeted PBAoE heal (ala Dark Regeneration). I find it to be a bit more "clicky" than EA and requires you to be proactive in using Particle Shielding. It's one of the few sets with a useful T9. It has a sizeable hole to cold damage which you'll want to be aware of and has no innate defense.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Savage/Rad is possible, nice savge/rad build that used the aoe buffs of nukes. It's a paper build with smash/lethal defense, 75-80/resist, and almost perma hasten plus the mini nukes. 

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

In a minorly interesting aspect, Rad can be more end friendly since you can use a Theft of Essence proc in the heal. I have taken EA to 50 twice, but not on Brute. My Savage/rad Brute is 23 so not much of a comment on it so far nor have I worked out any sort of build. I would say it is following the pace of other Resist based Brutes as I have in that they can be clicky for their mitigation, but we are talking /fire and /bio. For EA, I still try to get end covered to reduce using ED. The cast time is a bit long. I recommend Ageless Radial for the additional DDR and Melee Core maybe? The one with the added Resist. Savage/ea won't really need more recharge, but the added end is nice and the DDR is absolutely needed if you plan on soloing x8 mobs. The Psi hole is absolutely real on a EA build.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."