Different changes requested for Super Reflexes

I would like to see two changes made to Super Reflexes:

1) Unify it. For Scrappers and Stalkers switch Evasion (AoE toggle) and Quickness. Getting AoE dodge ability at level 35 is way late in the game and has always bothered me. When the original Devs gave it to Brutes, they switched the two up. Because right now, AoE for these classes make them feel like they have no defenses mid game.

2) Give Quickness a small +Def (All) buff. I am thinking +3%. This gives the character a bit more build options at end game then having no choice but take the best +Def sets AND +Def power pool powers. And let's face it, a small recharge / speed buff needs more if you have to wait near the end of your power set for it. If Super Reflexes is never going to have a heal and the Damage Resistance from our Auto powers is the best we will get in that department, then we shouldn't need to have to commit every slot to build it up. To say that the character has a +Def because they are Quick isn't a stretch of the imagination.

My two cents

I would like to see two changes made to Super Reflexes:

1) Unify it. For Scrappers and Stalkers switch Evasion (AoE toggle) and Quickness. Getting AoE dodge ability at level 35 is way late in the game and has always bothered me. When the original Devs gave it to Brutes, they switched the two up. Because right now, AoE for these classes make them feel like they have no defenses mid game.

2) Give Quickness a small +Def (All) buff. I am thinking +3%. This gives the character a bit more build options at end game then having no choice but take the best +Def sets AND +Def power pool powers. And let's face it, a small recharge / speed buff needs more if you have to wait near the end of your power set for it. If Super Reflexes is never going to have a heal and the Damage Resistance from our Auto powers is the best we will get in that department, then we shouldn't need to have to commit every slot to build it up. To say that the character has a +Def because they are Quick isn't a stretch of the imagination.

My two cents

1. I would cringe at this. Quickness is a signature early power that makes everything fun. Also, big aoe splash damage is not prolific at this level, so no real need for the aoe toggle. On top of that, scraps have attacks they are picking up in the 15-32 range, so, this change would be immaterial. Further, quickness helps you run toggles. I would not like waiting to 35 to get it.

2. SR has inherent damage resist as health lowers. Also, SR can easily hit soft caps. 3% more defense? Not really necessary. Quickness is already powerful.

My Katana/SR scrap would very much dislike this. Plus, she rarely ever gets hit as is, there's no need for more defense.

The first request seems reasonable enough, if we're just talking about for Scrappers and Stalkers. On the other hand, those ATs aren't meant to be as durable as Tankers and Brutes, so it's not completely unfounded for them to have Evasion later. For that reason, it seems unlikely you could see that change.

As for the +Def suggestion for Quickness, that's a big request. Is that +3% for Tanker version? The Scrapper version? Either way, I'm pretty sure that would put Tankers at some ridiculously strong defense numbers with just the set. I don't have Pine's here to double check, but I'm sure there's nigh soft-cap levels of defense. With their higher HP and scaling resists percentages, that's maybe just a little too good.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Re: SwitchFade

Really, never really noticed it enough to find it fun. And I have played quite a few SR's (4 now) including Kat / SR. I always find myself taking it later. Have you TRIED taking it later? Just slot +Rech instead? Seriously... give it a shot. As for "Big Splashy damage", you don't need big and splashy as you walk into any group who has a minion or Lt. with an AoE and you are getting hit constantly. If the power happens to have a bleed effect (Fireball for example), the damage resistance is not going to save you.

Is the +3% def necessary? No. If you re-read my reasoning, I agreed. However you become locked into certain IO sets offering you little or no build flexibility. Not to mention basically forced into take the fighting pool without any real choice. By the same argument I could have said "Make Elude WORTH something other than a level and forget it tool." advocating for a change there. Would it be necessary? No. Would it make sense to fix it as it's a useless power once you softcap? Maybe

My suggestion was about opening them to options, not leaving them very limited.

Re: Rylas

TBH I don't see Brute's as being the "Durable class" everyone makes them out to be. I certainly know I end up healing them on my emp than the other classes. This is not to insult the class but I think as a whole, they need a better AT bonus than what they got. As for "they should have better defenses" They do either way as they get their powers earlier and Tankers even have higher numbers. Tanks and Brutes also have higher health so their ability to survive is good regardless.

As for Tanks, wasn't considering it on their side. The scaling defense is already better for them anyway and their numbers for DEF is again, higher. However the other three AT's are not so lucky. Brutes especially as they have higher expectations on them from the group. I can see the other ATs getting the boost.

However you become locked into certain IO sets offering you little or no build flexibility. Not to mention basically forced into take the fighting pool without any real choice.

There are only two melee defense sets that can skip the Fighting pool: Invuln (generally only on tankers) and Super Reflexes.  I am all for changes to SR, including shuffling how and when they get AoE defense, but your priorities are mistaken.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker