AT: Arachnos Soldier Customization- Crab Backpack On/Off?

Mallador

Sorry if this was already talked about or not, but I had a question about the customization of the Arachnos Soldier AT.  When looking at the "Epic Archtype" tab, you can select either: Wolf and Helm, Wolf, or Bane / Crab.  When you started out in the past, you didn't start out with any crab backpacks or crab stuff--only when you reached lvl 24 were you able to select them through the Crab Spider option or Bane Spider (though I just remember Crab). 

So, is there a way to make my character without the backpack or must I have the backpack on?  When I select the cape option it just goes through the backpack if I try it on Wolf.  I remember my character a long time ago having a cape and I liked the couple different looks that you could have with or without the backpack.  Is there a possibility that this might be re-implemented? 

It also kind of just makes the leveling process less special, or the upgrading "ranks" less special to me if everyone HAS to have a backpack, especially if you want a certain look; however, I also might just be missing something since I can be blind sometimes.  Just curious!

Hadn't made a SoA since Live, so had to check for myself. It's odd that the Crab Spider backpack is pre-loaded on the Wolf Spider and you can't make it go away. What happened to the old no backpack and the Huntsman cape options we had on Live?

• 2 weeks later

So, when choosing Wolf or Wolf with Helm, it'll show that you have the crab backpack in customization, but then when you actually enter the game you won't have it.  However, when you're already in the game and you go to the tailor to customize your character, since your character outside of the customization screen doesn't have the backpack, the tailor will always charge you for adding-back-on the crab backpack.  Wastes some influence basically :V

Edited by Mallador