Error: Mids Hangs on Startup?

Timeshadow

So I recently started having an issue where Mids will go through the splash screen and the icon will appear in my task bar but the window never actually shows up on my desktop.  There's no error message, no nothing.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything already.  Still no luck.  Any other program I run, including CoH, works just fine. 

I'm using the latest version installed via Camel on a Windows 10 OS.  Any ideas as to what's going on and how to fix it? 

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)

2 hours ago, Steel said:

I suspect Mids' window is minimized by default, so maybe right-click on the icon and maximize it again?

I'll try it but I don't think that's the issue.  When I mouse over the icon to look at the preview window it's just white.  There's no display like you'd normally get with a program that's running in a minimized window. 

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)

Experiencing the same issue. Mids was working great. Then, suddenly, the display window would not open. Hover over the window, just see a white screen in the thumbnail. Won't open. Alt/tab doesn't allow for cycling to it either. Tried an uninstall/reinstall and that worked the first time I opened the tool, but reverted to the same bug when attempting to open it a second time.

Same issue.

my fix:

Delete everything 'MIDS' *except saved builds* from computer. 

Download the exe again and install *as Admin*. (right click, run as admin)

Run MIDS as admin, works again and again for me now.

Good Luck ! 

*edit*

Still working after reboot

Edited by Psybotic
  • Thumbs Up 1

'That's not red paint' - Psybotic, Psi/EA/Psi Sentinel on Torchbearer (Retired)

Current MIDS

'Stand up and Fight!'- Exhortionist, Fiery/Energy/Energy Tanker 

Current MIDS

Hello

Fyi you don't have to nuke Mids' folder.
Workaround: Hover over the icon in the taskbar, on the preview that shows when hovering the icon move your mouse into it and right click it and select restore or maximize.

It's a known issue that affects some users, it's being looked into.