Minimal FX for the Domination inherent.

Nexxa

Basically what the topic says. Would it be possible for this to be a thing? I know a few people who've been put off of Dominator due to the frequent glitter explosions. Not that I mind it as a player sometimes but it's kind of off-theme for my dark/dark dominator shadow weaver to randomly erupt into rainbow sparkles when she's doing her thing. =P

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't find it so visually repellant that it would stop me from playing Dom's like Rad armor prevents me from playing those characters.  I'm kind of fond of the visual effects of Domination even though I'm not a very big Aura type of person.  The explosive flash should stay to indicate you're in Domination and it's only really a second.  The rainbow sparkles that persist after I can understand the want to turn it off.  I like it though as it gives some signifying that you're a Dominator and I'm never bothered by the look while fighting and if I'm standing around and don't want to be coated in rainbow I can just let Domination stop and start it when I'm ready to fight again.  

If it's no trouble to do it sure, if it's too hard coded into the inherent though I'd rather they tinker with Rad armor, Ice Shields and other more visually intrusive stuff first.  

• Like 1

I agree with this. Kind of hard to be a badass when every time you hit domination its RAINBOW GLITTER FUN TIME!

• Haha 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

• 5 months later
On 3/26/2022 at 8:42 AM, Marbing said:

I agree with this. Kind of hard to be a badass when every time you hit domination its RAINBOW GLITTER FUN TIME!

You say that like rainbow glitter isn't badass. Don't you remember Jem and the Holograms? XD

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Aida LaCanthe said:

You say that like rainbow glitter isn't badass. Don't you remember Jem and the Holograms? XD

I personally think there are themes that can make the craft store plague bomb effect work but many characters simply don't gel with it.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's doable just from the nature of the power.  Even changing stances for walk, another sort of "inherent," is a little weird with how it's implemented. If it *can* be done, sure, I'm all for more options. I don't think I'd *use* it, but I wouldn't object to it being there for those that would.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.