Highest DPS Melee Build?

Kodo

Returning player here ^_^.

1. What's the Highest DPS Melee Build? 

2. I know it was TW/BIO but then that got nerfed or something and now it's mace? Mace/What? Or is it something other than mace?

3. Also... I'm assuming that it's a scrapper not a brute?

4. And what makes it the highest DPS? Highest Single target or highest AoE or both and why?

Thank you

Probably EM/EA Stalker for single target dps, and for AOE dps, Rad/Fire brute.

EM got a rework an issue or so back, and Rad/Fire brute mainly because those two power sets are AOE oriented and brutes get the benefit of fury damage buff and 800% damage cap.

Edited by JAMMan0000

21 minutes ago, JAMMan0000 said:

Probably EM/EA Stalker for single target dps, and for AOE dps, Rad/Fire brute.

EM got a rework an issue or so back, and Rad/Fire brute mainly because those two power sets are AOE oriented and brutes get the benefit of fury damage buff and 800% damage cap.

I would think /Bio over /EA but EM is probably the best single target dps on a Scrapper or stalker.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scrapper forum has the pylon thread so you can look there, but Em/bio in offensive mode is likely the top one in terms of ST. Rad/fire Brute is the AoE king partly because IG from Rad is super good in how procs work. It does come at the cost of being more flimsy. I find FA to be middle ground at best when doing non-farm content.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

19 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

... EnM/Bio in offensive mode is likely the top one in terms of ST. RadM/FA Brute is the AoE king partly because IG from Rad is super good in how procs work ...

With both primaries and secondaries proc-built for full damage on full tier 4 damage built incarnates.

The other major note would be Stalkers hit high damage much more easily and with less effort, but tend to peak a bit lower than the mirrored scrapper, and trend toward less AoE.  But if you want easy relatively high ST dps, Stalkers are a good choice.

Spoiler

Assuming Full Tier 4 Incarnates and Full Tier 4 IOs, built for maximum damage ....

Scrappers 600+ dps

Stalkers    500+ dps

Brutes      400+ dps

Tanks       350+ dps

Tanks start tough and tend to spend resources on damage.

Brutes start with both durability and damage, and can then build toward scrapper or tank, but generally not both.  But this does make them in many ways the most flexible melee AT.  Brutes are also the kings of farming.

Scrappers start with damage, and tend to use resources to increase durability.

Stalkers start with damage, are the easiest to maximize that damage, but don't quiet peak as high as the highest scrappers.  Stalkers also tend to lack AoE.

Pylon Damage Thread

Pylon DPS Megasheet - Kachooman - Google Sheets

Edited by Linea
  • Like 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

Stalkers also specifically get much less of a damage boost out of Bio than Scrappers do, as they get +31.25% damage from offensive adaptation on a 1.125 scalar while Stalkers get a +25% damage on a 1.0 scalar. (And no damage aura, of course).

Edited by aethereal