Power boost does not work with fade

Pyriold

The controller-darkness-affinity power fade provides a +def and a +res buff. The +def portion should be enhanceble by Primal Force Mastery/Power boost like for example time/farsight is, but the values do not change when power boost is applied.

Powers with +/- Res (and I think +/- Dmg) don't get Power Boosted.  Fade has +Res, Farsight doesn't.

I believe the devs has said that some sort of change will eventually be made with +Special powers and long duration +Def buffs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Balance wise it would probably be best if power boost would only boost stuff for the duration of power boost, but for that time all advertised things should be boosted.

I am aware that this might be hard to implement... so if that's easier maybe just delete the +def in power boost or just globally enhance defense for the power boost duration.

At the moment it does not behave as advertised. And farsight does not affect +res, yea, but it's not only defense. It's a major perception boost, that is also not covered by power boost. And everywhere else in the game if a power can do 2 or 3 things at once, you most often can just enhance one of the effects via enhancements or even powers. It would be inconsistent to make this strange exception.

Confirming this is working as intended. 

It’s the resistance specifically that is the issue. For instance Power Boost affects Fortitude, which grants +damage.

Farsight isn’t similar since no resistance buff, but you should still expect that one to be potentially adjusted in some way since it’s currently obscenely overpowered.

Edited by arcane

Resistance and Damage are close linked internally.  The +Dmg in Fortitude ignores enhancement (and buff), that's why Power Boost works there.  I can't think of a +Dmg buff that doesn't though.  So it would only be in theory that +Dmg would be blocked.  A power with unenhanceable +Res would presumably also be able to be Boosted... in theory.