Intangible powers

The_Warpact

On 4/11/2022 at 1:12 PM, arcane said:

You can go /Dark, /FF, or /Sonic if you really want to go all in on intangibility, but one other super niche build you could try is Grav/Traps. 

I will start laying Caltrops/Poison Trap/Acid Mortar and 3-4 Trip Mines and then drop my Dimension Shift field and wormhole a mob right into all of it. It’s immensely satisfying solo, but pretty poor on teams because of set up times. But, solo? Watching a controller instantaneously blow up a whole mob *including even the bosses (lv 53 tho 😞 )* is pretty dope.

As for the Dimension Shift, it can pulse a couple more damage procs, protect your operation from other stray mobs so you don’t overaggro, and it looks super cool 🙂 

Mine is Mako for the extra pet and Water Spout. Max chaos.

You have your build that you could post?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

16 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

You have your build that you could post?

Mac, can't run mids, but can screenshot.

I also want to hedge and say this build is due for an update. I don't play it a lot right now, like my Grav/Sonic and Grav/Storm with Sorcery/Teleportation a lot more right now since the Singularity change, and if I were going to play it more again, I'd probably clean it up with at least a light respec.

But anyway logged in rq and here's what's on there atm. A few details make me wonder what I was thinking back then but oh well. Defenses and damage procs look right overall though.

Usually I would just solo +3x8 on it since Wormhole will still work on bosses that way. Give myself enough set up time to lay 3-4 Trip Mines and whatever else happens in that time frame. TP the mob on top of the whole apparatus = where'd the mob go. Not uncommon to see bosses drop from 100% to 0%.

image.thumb.png.25ced2467a579638ef24b6414529bf1b.png

image.thumb.png.e07d3fd1ab60bb7119e61aabce38268f.png

Edited by arcane
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

I also want to hedge and say this build is due for an update. I don't play it a lot right now, like my Grav/Sonic and Grav/Storm with Sorcery/Teleportation a lot more right now since the Singularity change, and if I were going to play it more again, I'd probably clean it up with at least a light respec.

But anyway logged in rq and here's what's on there atm. A few details make me wonder what I was thinking back then but oh well. Defenses and damage procs look right overall though.

Usually I would just solo +3x8 on it since Wormhole will still work on bosses that way. Give myself enough set up time to lay 3-4 Trip Mines and whatever else happens in that time frame. TP the mob on top of the whole apparatus = where'd the mob go. Not uncommon to see bosses drop from 100% to 0%.

I was thinking we had this conversation before about you having a Mac.

Thanks anyways, I'll take a look when I get home.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On 4/11/2022 at 5:24 PM, Naraka said:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. DS is a fun and versatile tool. If you're a player that wants to experiment and not worry about the same herd and burn strats all the time, there are other users for this power. Of course someone could say you can duplicate these effects in other ways but that's entirely fine. But not everyone wants to duplicate the same thing the same way all the time lol 

The simplest application is just as a pocket corner pull: aggroing another group and then sitting inside the first with your DS on is similar to a corner pull but with the stipulation that the 2nd spawn probably wasted their ranged volley in the process. Or do it in reverse and drop the DS between you and the mob and add they run toward you, they get caught in the net.

A flash-aggro tool that you can use around a corner in prep for an around the corner wormhole or just to prep for a team.

I think one of the major strengths of Gravity is in unconventional control. It's not meant to stand behind a tank or keep a lot of foes held but rather to move and position foes. My Grav/Energy Dom often doesn't even throw out a hold or keep his Singularity out, he's sneaking ahead, scoping out where spawns are and scooping them up to dump or draw them back to the team. 

But it's been a while. This was before they implemented Fold Space which I think should be on a much longer cool down.

It can also be used for stealthing glowies.  You use some form of stealth.  Find the glowy. Then Dimension Shift the group that would agro when you click the device.  They might shoot at you but you are safe.  Then just run away.  The only problem is placement.   I wish the reticle showed the full size of the sphere.  Sometimes you get your target or miss some of the enemies.  

Edited by TNT
Spelling correction
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/13/2022 at 8:59 AM, arcane said:

Stop tickling my altitis!!! Damnit now I’ve created a gravity/traps… you did this to me!!!

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)